Thursday, January 24, 2019

Gender Fuck Thursday: Oscar's Ladies Edition

So the nominations are out for this year’s Academy Awards. Ten very talented women got the nod in for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress honors. I don’t know who will take home the shiny naked golden dude, but it is no secret that “The Favourite” remains my favorite. Plus, Her Royal Highness looks stunning in a tux.

But, really, they’re all my favorite because they’re all wonderful actresses and they don’t look too shabby in a suit either. So, really, that makes them all winners in my book.

Best Actress

Yalitza Aparicio, “Roma”

I have not seen “Roma” yet and I feel bad about that. But I feel great about this nomination. So maybe that evens out my karma?

Glenn Close, “The Wife”

Damn, Glenn is making the best tux in this post race very Close. Sorry, I’ll let myself out.

Olivia Colman, “The Favourite”

Can a suit be endearingly dorky? Because, yes.

Lady Gaga, “A Star Is Born”

Oh, I get it. Wearing a suit with extra room to make way for an EGOT.

Melissa McCarthy, “Can You Ever Forgive Me?”

I miss Melissa’s Spicey. Not the real one, obviously.



Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams, “Vice”

Man, I really liked her in “Sharp Objects.” Sorry, I’m not gonna see “Vice,” so that’s all I got.

Marina de Tavira, “Roma”

Ditto from above. But it’s on my list! I promise!

Regina King, “If Beale Street Could Talk”

Please, like I’m the only one who had a crush on her all butched up in “Miss Congeniality 2.”

Emma Stone, “The Favourite”

Lesbianism looks even better on her than this suit. (What? It’s a lot of pattern.)

Rachel Weisz, “The Favourite”

Rachel was really bucking for the Cate Blanchett/Gillian Anderson Lesbian Affections Oscar this year with “Disobedience” and “The Favourite.” May more actress vie for the honor in the future.

1 comment:

Carmen SanDiego said...

So many actresses that I adore nominated but in my heart I want Gaga to win. Get that EGOT, Mother Monster!