Friday, March 04, 2016

My Weekend Crush

Hell to the yeah, I’m gonna call these ladies. Look, even if the trailer for the new “Ghostbusters” film didn’t look great (but it does look great because, hello, Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones), I would still be first in line to buy tickets. Because nothing makes me happier than supporting entertainment that drives misogynistic fanboys crazy. Would it have been nice if they’d maybe also made Leslie’s character a scientist? Yes, probably. But all is forgiven thanks to Kate’s little wink. Oh, to be that proton gun. Bring on the ectoplasm. Happy weekend, all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! I know exactly where I will be on July 15th, 2016...in line at my local theater. So excited for this!!!

Karen E. Lafferty said...

Watch this recut trailer instead:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/03/04/someone_recut_the_new_ghostbusters_trailer_and_made_it_so_so_much_better.html

It's so much better!