Friday, June 05, 2009

Girl, where have you been?

Kittens, I feel I owe you an apology. I am so sorry for disappearing on you all week. My blogging has been stymied by a series of unfortunate (and infuriating) events. The universe has converged on me with an epic shitstorm of SNAFUs. First, I moved. I'm lucky I didn't have to pack my head, because if I did it would surely be lost somewhere in an avalanche of boxes and I would need a St. Bernard (with a brandy barrel, naturally) to find the damn thing. Second, Comcast sucks. No, really, COMCAST SUCKS. They were supposed to install my new Internet/cable/phone service on Monday. But because I didn't answer the technician's phone call, to the very number he was coming to install, he just didn't show up. Wrap your mind grapes around that logic and you'll be left with a quivering pile of purple sludge. Since then I've been battling with them to get a new appointment. Needless to say, no Internet makes it very, very hard to blog. Finally, I just left for a week-long vacation. I had planned to post a series of Vacation Vixens for next week. But my lack of Internet both at home and my destination makes this a somewhat difficult task to accomplish. I will still try but I can't promise anything.

So, there you have it. Once again, I am very sorry for vanishing without explanation. Please accept my apologies and pray to the Internet gods that this whole mess will be sorted out very soon. Thanks for all of your worry and well wishes. You can still follow my shenanigans on Twitter @dorothysnarker.

21 comments:

;)) babs said...

can't wait to have you back!

;)) babs

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that it was just a moving-mess and that you and the people you care about are all okay (I was worried - in the nicest, non-stalkerish way possible).
N

Anonymous said...

it's ridiculous how much i missed this blog.

Skye said...

I missed you too! Glad you're ok. Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous said...

I agree! It's pretty sad when the disappearance of someone I don't even know can ruin my whole week. I guess I didn't even realize how much I count on this blog to start my day on a happy note til it was gone! I am a 'newbie' or a 'late in life lesbian' and not really out yet, so most days I feel a little outta touch with the gay community(I live in a small town) and a bit lonely , so this blog makes my day, and I guess I felt it was time to write and tell you that. Thank you, thank you, thank you, please don't ever go away again! LOL

Chuquinhas said...

Hey, i'm from brazil and i just wanted to say i love you blog! can't wait to have you back!

btw, im following you okay? @tatianapaiva
;)

Big Shamu said...

For a while there I thought you had run off to Iowa to marry a nice corn fed pork lovin' Iowa girl. Legally.

Are there no lesbians at all working at Comcast that can help a sister out?

Lennox said...

Glad to hear that your absence is from freakin' annoying, yet eventually resolvable crap. ;) And that you're well, otherwise (other than the sore foot that keeps kicking things).

And yes, calling on the line that you haven't installed yet? Classic, really.

Good luck and good vacation!

Customer.Connect.Melissa said...

Hi Dorothy,

Comcast here. I read your blog. Sorry about the problem with the transfer of services. That's no good at all. If you still need help getting connected or would like to discuss the matter further, please email our team at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com. We're here if you need us.

Kind Regards,
Melissa Mendoza
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Anonymous said...

oh Ms. Snarker, you have aroused comcast at last. good for you and good for them, maybe.

have a good vacay but hurry back. muah.

Steph R said...

I almost cried.

pyewacket said...

All I can say is...

*whew*

And...

you have been missed!

:)

TheWeyrd1 said...

I've been so busy myself that I forgot to notice... And I still don't twitter. Call me a rebel!

RWP said...

Glad that, in the overall scheme, that is all it was. Frustrating, to be sure, monumentally so. BUt, I am glad that, otherwise, you are well. Weird how we worry over people we have not met, but check in with on a regular basis. Peace to you and yours,and thanks for the info. Be well...

geniera said...

We miss you a lot. Glad to see you again ;)

Unknown said...

Twitter will help fill the void...

Norma Desmond said...

Vacation is always an acceptable explanation for disappearance. The others, though... well, those are just sub-par excuses. :P

Anonymous said...

Take the time off. We will just miss you more until you get back.

Lezlie Mac said...

Oh I'mglad it's "only" a Comcast-of-the-damned fuck-up and that you didn't vanish in the all-things-mysteriously-lost-while-moving vortex !!

Enjoy your vacation and deal free cable with Comcast for the inconvenience.. (that's how they cal it no?)

Lindsay said...

Ok real life is boring.
Get back soon!

Anonymous said...

comcast...argh.....
i cancelled my landline with comcast due to it repeatedly going out along with my cable. how ironic that i couldn't have contacted them about it if i didn't have a cell phone! i still use their internet, but never again their phone service.