Friday, October 06, 2006

Kate the Great (Lesbian?)

So, I read over at AfterEllen that the new biography of Katharine Hepburn mentions her close relationships with other women. And by close, I mean lesbian. These companions included longtime friend Laura Harding (who described herself as "Miss Hepburn’s husband"), 40-year companion Phyllis Wilbourn and ABC news anchor Cynthia McFadden. Hmm, interesting. Now, I’m not sure I agree with writers sifting through the lives of dead celebrities to find dirt and make claims when the subjects aren’t around to refute or confirm them. But I will say that I have always greatly admired Ms. Hepburn. She has long been a favorite of mine for her independent spirit and propensity for wearing pants. If only people could just be themselves without the facades while they were alive. On a totally unrelated note, doesn’t Kate cut a dashing figure as a man? That is one handsome women.

No comments: