Friday, September 24, 2010

My Weekend Crush

You guys, I love Heather Morris. No, really, I love her. Brittany and Sue are in a death match for my heart on “Glee.” It’s like in those cartoons where one is an angel and another is a devil sitting perched on either shoulder and fighting for my soul. If it weren’t for those two I think I’d watch the show on mute until the musical numbers. But we all knew before “Glee” that Jane Lynch was something special, she was just never given the proper showcase until now for the rest of the world to come to the same conclusion. But with Heather, no one even knew she could act let alone steal every scene she is in.

By now Heather’s story reads like a Hollywood fairytale. She was the dancer who was brought in to teach the cast Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” dance (she did, after all, back up Queen B herself on stage) and then became a featured and beloved cast member. But thanks to Heather, Brittany isn’t just about getting the easy laugh for being the dullest crayon in the Crayola box. She also brings something entirely unexpected, a sweetness. I mean, come on, when Brittany clutched the little tell-me-where-the-bad-lady-touched-you doll on the way out the door in the premiere your heart had to melt a little. Brittany’s burgeoning sexuality (her interest in boobs, her interest in Santana) is the show’s sliest storyline. As for Brittana, hell yeah, you know I ship that.

And, sweet fancy Jesus, if that preview for the Britney Spears episode next week didn’t make you stop, drop and drool you might want to check for a pulse. Sweet and sexy. Damn, is it Tuesday yet? Happy weekend, all.

11 comments:

Collins said...

i started watching GLEE for lea michele. i now salivate every week for heather morris. whenever a musical number happens, i try to shoo rachel out of the way so i can get a better look at brittany and her hella moves. heather morris is the coffee to my omelet. she is the reason to rewatch every number on this damn show. here's hopin' i make it through the brittany episode alive.

rock said...

BEST WEEKEND CRUSH EVAR. i seriously love brittany. and as much as i don't want to see glee end soon, i want to see what else HeMo does, so looking forward to that too.

Floripedes said...

I love her too! Gaysharks! I just finished watching season 1, I wanna restart just to watch her!

Kathryn said...

Excellent choice.

Norma Desmond said...

There are NO words for how excited I am about Glee next week. I think we might all be a little in love with Brittany. Anyone whose one-liners can rival Sue's for my favorite line of any given show has my heart.

ikke said...

i a soo excited for next weeks epsiode!! althought dianna is my fave gleeperson, brittany is my fave character. next week is gonna be EPIC for sure :P

Anonymous said...

I agree with Collins. I initially began watching Glee for the cynically hilarious pilot. The show ended up taking a different direction but I continued watching for the cast. And then the back 9 came and I just fell in love with Brittany. And then the Meet Heather Morris video was released and now I am a Heather fan for life. She is the reason I continue to watch Glee. Gorgeous, adorable woman.

Anonymous said...

I watch Glee for Sue Sylvester and Quinn Fabray. Love them!

acidburn said...

Judging by reactions so far to just clips and promos of this episode on various glee forums, HeMo may just deserve a few toasters by the end of this episode.

Kschenke said...

You know when Joss directed the show last season, an interviewer asked him who his favorite character was, he immediately said Britney. I'm paraphrasing here, but he basically said, "I loved Britney before she spoke, and then she spoke!"

For some reason, my boyfriend was smitten with her quiet take on the line "Stop the violence" when Quinn and Santana fought this last episode.

Susie said...

I love how her report this week lost marks for being written in crayon - bless her sweet wee soul. Do you reckon she got that from reading your "Brittany isn’t just about getting the easy laugh for being the dullest crayon in the Crayola box" comment? Shout out! (Maybe).