Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ellen v. Allison: Welcome to Hilaritydome

So ESPN apparently has this great special about the Martina Navratilova/Chris Evert rivalry/friendship called “Unmatched” playing right now. It has gotten very high praise indeed for its portrayal of the two women and their long history, and I need to set my DVR before I forget (schedule is here, if you want to record it with me). But, of course, this rivalry got me thinking (always dangerous) about other rivalries. Which naturally led me to mortal enemies Ellen DeGeneres and Allison Janney. These two women share a vicious, some might say obsessive, rivalry that has spanned years. Competitors cheat. Competitors talk smack. Competitors draw blood. And we, we laugh like crazy people.

Ellen v. Allison: A Retrospective


Ellen v. Allison: Sumo Wrestling



Ellen v. Allison: Arm Wrestling


Ellen v. Allison: I’m Gonna Smash Your Face


Ellen v. Allison: Being Ellen



It’s awfully hard to pick a winner. I’d say us.

11 comments:

Marlene Willows said...

I gotta say, I'm a huge Allison Janney fan, not to mention an Ellen fan. So the two of them make a killer combo in my books. Their chemistry is fantastic, and they never fail to make me laugh.

Kathryn said...

I've long had a celeb crush on Allison Janney. Love this.

beebee said...

I had no idea! Hysterical!
Thanks again Snarker!

Sena'nın Düş Bahçesi said...

Their chemistry is really fantastic. I love them.

Anonymous said...

@Kathryn: I share your Allison Janney crush. Mmm, tall funny women make me swoon . . .

vrgriffith said...

I love them both!Great post DS.

Kathryn said...

@Anonymous: the tall, the funny, the smart, the authoritative (as CJ Cregg) . . . all yum.

Louis said...

Your site is amazing.I am very impressed to see this,i want to come back for visiting your site.Keep doing Good as well as you can..

-Kat- said...

I AM SOOOO GLAD you posted this of Allison Janney and Ellen!!! I am such a huge fan of both of them and I just love Allison Janney's voice! And I am so glad I am NOT the only person who's on youtube finding the clips of Allison Janney on Ellen's show and LOL-ing stupidly!

brio said...

Brilliant :D Love those videos, so hilarious!

Eva Moos said...

I've just been thinking... hey did Ellen ever ask Allison about The Hours? Just curious! :) Seems like she is a very regular guest on Ellen :D and though they are competing the absolutely adore each other, huh!