Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Presenting Miss Pettigrew

The beginning of the year is -- as you’re all probably already painfully aware -- traditionally the dead zone when it comes to new movies. Sure, a couple late Oscar hopeful holdovers might come trickling into the cineplex. But for the most part it’s bottom-of-the-barrel stuff like “Rambo,” “Meet the Spartans” and the preposterously lengthy-titled “In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.” Oh, Kristanna Loken, really?

So imagine my delight while perusing new movie posters when “Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day” popped up. First of all, ladies looking at other ladies in their knickers is always a good thing. Amy Adams, terrific. Frances McDormand, divine. And then I watched the trailer. English accents, prat falls, 30s glamour and a love four-angle? Sign me up.


Seriously, how fun does that look? Plus Frances’s crazy hair? Sheer genius, I tell you, genius.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely delightful. Thanks for the heads up.

ArtfulArtsyAmy said...

Omigosh! I saw the trailer for this a bit ago. . .and am DYING to see it. Adams, McDormand, and very, very (sinfully very) lippy? I am there dahling!! I loved seeing it on the blog.

WordNerd said...

I hadn't heard anything about this movie. It's nice to have something fun to look forward to in winter. Thanks for the tip! Amy Adams is swoon-inducing. And Frances McDormand rules (duh).

Anonymous said...

I am so going to see this movie! Saw the trailer, it was fun and funny.

Great movie to counteract the winter blues :)

Anonymous said...

And of course I love Frances McDormand, ever since Fargo.

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh goody! It looks like gobs o' fun. I also think Frances McD's hair looks pretty. ;)

ravaj said...

i dunno. kinda feel that having seen the trailer i have now seen the gist of the film. don't you hate it when they do that?!

GrumpyGranny said...

I am SO THERE!

GG