Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Weekend Crush

Mes amis, ce soir je suis dans l’humeur pour quelque chose de français. Mais pas simplement quelque chose français. Non, quelque chose de français comme La Binoche. Right, so I hope I didn’t totally embarrass myself by dusting off some of the old college French. But, basically, I just feel like going French tonight. And, to me, it doesn’t get much more French than the exquisite Juliette Binoche. She is that perfect mix of ethereal and earthy. While I first saw her in “The Unbearable Lightness of Being,” it wasn’t until “Blue” that I fell head over heels. Now, granted, I fell for all the actresses from the “Trois couleurs” trilogy. But my love for the fair Juliette has proved the most enduring. For a beautiful woman, she is uncommonly grounded, direct and -- best of all -- real. She radiates a warm, honest sensuality without even a hint of artifice. And I can’t think of another actress who looks better with her eyes closed. Be still, ma mon coeur. Happy weekend, all.

7 comments:

Cal said...

Tes efforts en français sont tout à fait louables, chère Dorothy, except that it is not ma coeur, but mon coeur ;o)

Colleen said...

Your weekend crushes are always brilliant, but I think my heart skipped a beat today when I saw Juliette at the top of the page.

Anonymous said...

Mon coeur, Mon amour lalala

Juliette Binoche is love.

Anonymous said...

A woman who looks as good with her eyes closed? My favourite French actress, Fanny Ardant. But Binoche is lovely indeed!

http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/G15070_b.jpg

Anonymous said...

she is the definition of gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

And her laugh... My god her laugh.

Check out the below. These are outtqkes of a French movie she did (not her best piece but tough not to like...)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/juliette+binoche+/video/x1q4v0_decalage-horaire_fun

Anonymous said...

Oui, oui, mon Dieu, oui.

You always find the best photos of the "crush".