Friday, July 07, 2023

My Weekend Girls Crush

Despite what the Supreme Court did on its last day, I hope you were just the gayest possible all June. Like definitely too gay to function. And totally so gay it makes the homophobes and transphobes bust several blood vessels in their foreheads from all the frowning. Me? I just spent its last leisurely Sunday with my absolute favorite Girls unlocking the Extra Special Bonus Super Duper Gay Achievement Award of seeing the Indigo Girls two Pride Months in a row now. I am expecting my badge and plaque in the mail any day now. We’re here, we’re queer, get used to it SCOTUS. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. Yes, Emily’s voice has changed. But, like, who hasn’t changed with time? Change is a sign of a life well lived, for all of us lucky enough to get there. Though, one thing they should never change is those “Thanks, y’alls.” Never.

p.p.s. Yes, it cuts off during “Closer to Fine,” which is as we all know, a gay sin. T’was the best video I could find, alas.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Have a great weekend

Shasta said...

There’s still nothing more joyous than being at an Indigo Girls concert surrounded by people singing and dancing. ������ Yes, Emily’s voice doesn’t sound like I remember, but if Joni Mitchell’s voice gets to shift, so does Emily’s.