Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Queer Female Fight Club

A queer, female fight club? Say less, I am already in. IN, I SAY. I got a press release for “Bottoms” the other day and didn’t pay it much mind. I mean, the follow-up to “Shiva Baby” from writer-director Emma Seligman appeared at first glance to be another horny teen comedy, but from a female perspective. But then, I should always remember the “Blockers” doctrine, which is to give all female-led and created teen comedies a fair shot. And, goodness, am I glad I pressed play on this trailer. Seligman and “Shiva Baby” star Rachel Sennott co-wrote the script. Then add “The Bear” star Ayo Edebiri as co-lead and fellow queer high school loser and I am 100% in. Bring on the bare knuckles. Let there be blood! And, hopefully, a good amount of girl-on-girl making out. What? It’s a horny teen comedy for a reason.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the queer Disney princess from “Willow”? Yes, please!!

Anonymous said...

August cannot come fast enough! So looking forward to this movie.

Carmen San Diego said...

Oooh I’m so in