Tuesday, January 05, 2021

And a Charlize New Year

I’m not really the kind of person who puts much stock in vision boards or inner dreamscaping and such. But if I were such a person I would spend an inordinate amount of time pinning scenes from Charlize Theron action movies to my board. She has had – and this is not hyperbole in any way – the best consecutive, non-franchise/sequel-based run of action movies of any actor in modern history. “Mad Max: Fury Road” (2015), “Atomic Blonde” (2017), and “The Old Guard” (2020). That is the holy trinity of quality Charlize Theron action movies. And her kicking dudes asses all over the world and into futuristic apocalyptic hellspace while kissing girls is exactly the energy I want to bring with me into 2021.

p.s. Get out there and VOTE FOR OSSOFF & WARNOCK, GEORGIA. This is our one chance to go all Furiosa/Lorraine/Andy on Mitch's ass, America.

1 comment:

Carmen San Diego said...

That Charlize “trilogy” is just so good
More, please