Thursday, February 21, 2019

Love In A Hopeless Place

Did you know Ellen Page and Kate Mara are in a movie together about love and execution and smoochies? Because they are. It’s called “My Days of Mercy” and it seems intense. Like, life or death intense. Like let’s make a movie about the death penalty and the ethicality of state-sponsored murder, but also with some lesbian love thrown in.

Obviously, I plan to watch this because it has ladies being gay and all. It has great queer DNA what with Ellen and is being produced by Christina Vachon’s Killer Films (“Go Fish,” “Boys Don’t Cry,” “Hedwig and the Angry Inch,” “Carol”). And Kate Mara is Rooney Mara’s older sister – so playing gay ladies on screen is obviously a hereditary trait. Obviously.

You may recall Ellen and Kate’s previous onscreen work, “Tiny Detective,” which had more pantsuits but less kissing.



So, thoughts? The good news is – at least based on their previous “Tiny Detective” work – Ellen and Kate seem to have more chemistry than Ellen and Julianne Moore had in “Freeheld.” Bless their hearts, they sure tried. But here’s hoping Lucy and Mercy find love in a hopeless place.

8 comments:

*** GayGirl2000 *** said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*** GayGirl2000 *** said...

Ooops, just deleted my original comment instead of editing it.

I really loved the movie (went to a film festival screening) and am SO happy people will finally get to see it.

You can find more information on the release date here:
https://womentainment.com/release-date-for-my-days-of-mercy/

Kristan said...

I did know, because part of it was filmed in my neighborhood! I actually saw Kate and Ellen from the across the street one day! They were filming a scene outside a coffee shop, and looked like maybe one of them worked there and was on a break? Guess I have to watch to find out! Looking forward to it. :)

Carmen SanDiego said...

I confess I didn’t see Freeheld. Too dark for me. But I’ll go see this one

Panty Buns said...

I LOVE Ellen Page, and love both of the trailers you embedded here.
If Ellen Page is in it, I want to see it.

https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Bleumoon said...

Was Tiny Dectectives a full length movie or just that short but hilarious FID?

Helena said...

Looking forward to this , cannot miss anything of Ellen Page. Tiny detectives was absolutely brilliant :))

ExceptForBunnies said...

Saw it at our local queer film festival where it won the audience award and was mesmerized by it (and Kate Mara).