Thursday, December 12, 2013

No H8ers

Say what you will about Angie Harmon’s politics (and I have, and I do), but I haven’t ever really doubted her support for us LGBT folks. I know, I know – there is a direct correlation between supporting candidates who support LGBT rights with the increased quality of our day-to-day lives. But just as I don’t think all Republicans are automatically anti-gay, nor do I think Angie is anti-gay. So I have to say I was pretty pleased when I saw she had done a NOH8 photoshoot yesterday. Sure, it’s a largely symbolic gesture. Sure, there’s an element of bandwagon jumping with all the celebrities who have posed for the campaign. But, you know what, I will absolutely take it.

Also, I’ll absolutely take Lena Headey’s NOH8 photoshoot as well.



10 comments:

lisa said...

But c'mon, Angie, who would throw us under the bus in a heartbeat should not be in the same breath with Lena who fights with us side by side, step for step.

Anonymous said...

How about practicing a little NOH8, lisa?

lisa said...

Where do you see hate, Scamp?

Anonymous said...

"Angie who would throw us under the bus" feels hateful to me. She's no homophobe.

Anonymous said...

Angie is beautiful, her politics notwithstanding, but they have photoshopped that poor woman within an inch of her life.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.sap training bhubaneswar

Anonymous said...

So, where's the weekend post? That's what I'm wondering....

SlyNellie said...

Hmm, around the same time as Sasha Alexander was TNT's face of the SAG Award nominations...

Thanks for the best laugh I have had all weekend, Dorothy!

Here's hoping Warner Horizon sent you a nice big booze basket for the holidays; )

Anonymous said...

The only thing that would make this better would be Angie and Sasha doing a NoH8 photo shoot together in costume as Jane & Maura ;-)

Anonymous said...

On 10-29-2014 Angie retweeted this portrait with the caption "<3 <3 THS CAUSE!"