Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Open Season

Aww, man. Am I going to have to start watching another Ryan Murphy show? Anna Torv and Jennifer Jason Leigh have signed on to play a couple in the Murphy’s new pilot for the HBO series “Open.” Anna Torv playing gay, again? Must…resist….must…oh, fuck it…resistance is futile.

The new “provocative” HBO show is about sex and relationships – make that open relationships. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Torv will play a yoga instructor named Windsor who is in a long-term relationship with Holly (Jennifer), but then meets another woman named Grace and feels an “instant connection.” Grace has not been cast yet, but she’ll be a previously married and straight gynecologist and – duuuude – these jokes just write themselves. Jennifer will play an actress who is “intensely committed to her career.” Read: self-involved.

“Open” will feature multiple characters and explore sexuality, monogamy and, clearly, non-monogamy. “Dexter” executive producer Lauren Gussis co-wrote the pilot with Murphy. Previously Mr. Glee has described it as “an adult show that is very frank in its depiction of sex.” Read: Naked naked naked. I mean, it is HBO, after all.

I’ve always been a fan of Anna, she’s got a that certain something something. That sexy air of capability about her is pretty damn irresistible. Plus Jennifer, well she was in “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” and “Single White Female,” so her cult status is unquestionable.

Also, we all remember how delicious it was the last time Anna played gay for the original British series “Mistresses,” right?



And, um, this is what she looks like almost naked.



So…yeah, guess I might be watching another Ryan Murphy show. Damn you, TV gods, for making me want what I hate.

6 comments:

;) babs said...

you had me at "anna torv"...

Carmen SanDiego said...

Oh man, I'mgoing to sign up for HBO. Dammit! I usually only subscribe when Game of Thrones is on.

maya said...

Anna Torv who? But JJL is one of those actors I will watch in anything--that stretch of movies where she was always being raped and killed was unfortunate--so, I guess I will have to hold my nose and watch this....Ryan Murphy knows how to suck us in!

Fong said...

Impossible to resist Anna Torv...
Thanks for the heads up :-)

Anonymous said...

I want this to happen so bad.

Helena said...

Yep futile to try and resist Anna Torv.