Friday, July 12, 2013

My Weekend Crush

You know sometimes after a long, busy, tiring, crazy week it takes a little while before you can settle into your weekend. Like the stress of the past five days hangs over you like a cloud and your shoulders don’t unclench until like Sunday morning and that’s only after your friends force-feed you two mimosas at brunch because, dude, it’s the weekend and you need to totally chillax. Nope, neither do I. Also, who still says chillax? I’m actually amazingly good at leaving the ridiculousness of the week behind me. Call it vestigial last-bell reflex where the my Pavlovian response to the end of the day is to throw my bag in the air and run away screaming “Freeeee!” But in my head. Usually. Anyway, that’s a really long set-up to say, I hope you guys all have a weekend as awesome and carefree as this policewoman’s. This Sydney officer knows how to let loose. (Things get good at the one-minute mark.) Police were there to check out the scene at a youth center fundraiser. And this officer decided to serve, protect and boogie. Screw dancing like no one is watching. Dance like you know everyone is watching and you don’t have a single fuck to give. Happy weekend, all.



p.s. Also, no one call me this weekend. I’m busy mainlining the rest of “Orange Is the New Black.” So good I totally stayed up until 3 a.m. last night watching.

3 comments:

JaggyL said...

haha, awesome. This happens every year at our Out in the Square event in Wellington, NZ. The police actually have a recruitment table there, as a diversity initiative I guess. All the LGBT cops work the event and their families come along and they all dance and it's all adorable!

boots said...

here is an interview with the copper, on an Aussie current affairs program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHU_Kyg4zS8

even better close up.

tlsintx said...

:))) oh my gosh i'm totally hooked on Orange is the New Black now....ahhhhhhhh! Laura Prepon is HOTTTT.
I just pause it and stare at her...