Tuesday, February 08, 2011

There's no V in adorable

Confession: I stopped watching “V” last year because it was taking forever for something, anything to happen. I’m a relatively patient person, but I do want a payoff now and then. And despite its great set-up and stellar cast (Elizabeth Mitchell AND Morena Baccarin AND lizard people), I just couldn’t take the glacial pacing. Show me some freaky alien freakiness. Show me someone eating a guinea pig. Something. Anything. Now, I understand things have gotten better. And I’m sure people who stuck with it feel rewarded. But me, yeah, I’m letting other shows fill up my DVR for now. This doesn’t mean I don’t have some regrets at stopping (and, yes, I know through the magic of DVDs and The Internets I could easily catch up if I wanted to). But, the thing is, I don’t have the time or desire at this point. Really, the only thing I feel genuinely guilty about is not supporting Elizabeth Mitchell.

Elizabeth is an actress I pretty much adore, but who I’ve seen in very few things. First there was “Gia,” of course. And then “ER.” No, I never watched “Lost,” but I’ve admitted that before and you can sic the smoke monster on me all you want. I’m just not going on that six-season cruise. Still with Elizabeth (and her expertly arched eyebrows) her empathy and strength comes through immediately. So you don’t even need to see her in many roles to know. Which, again, brings up the guilt. Because how could I not support someone like that? What am I, a heartless alien? Then, the coup de grace of guilt came in the form of Elizabeth’s TV Guide Cubicle Confessions. She loves Buffy! She love Star Wars! She does the Jabba laugh! My geeky heart just exploded!

Please forgive me, Elizabeth. And, while you’re feeling generous, please do tell us about being naked in heels. I promise not to do the inch in if we ever meet. Promise.

14 comments:

sonja said...

I'm never going to watch V, and I was okay with that. Now you've made me feel guilty about it. Elizabeth Mitchell *is* adorable. I fell in love with her when she was on ER, and the crush still lingers.

Solo said...

ahemmmm...interesting..:))made me smile....again..

Anonymous said...

You have to watch a little of her in Lost. Just skip the second season. Watch a few of the episodes of the first season just to get the lay of the land, then skip to her episodes. She's great. And in a sleeveless shirt a LOT.

linster said...

With all due respect, Ms. Snarker, Elizabeth Mitchell is MINE. While I encourage any and all posts about and sexy pictures of my wife, the closest I will let your cuteness to Liz is on a double date with you and Tina. Do we have an understanding? DO WE?

Kathryn said...

Aww, I had such a crush on her during her Gia and ER days.

Emily said...

Shame you gave up on V. Yeah, it was pretty slow last season, but I still love it. And of course, how can we forget Laura Vandervoort? That girl is so beautiful it hurts.

I won't berate you for never watching Lost(even though it's pretty much the best show EVER), but I agree with your sentiments on Elizabeth Mitchell. I haven't seen her in anything outside of Lost and V, but I really like her. She's awesome. :)

Susan said...

Elizabeth Mitchell is really gorgeous! I loved seeing her on V.

Norma Desmond said...

I have to admit, she is about the ONLY thing that could ever get me to watch V. I've held out so far, which is saying a lot... God, that woman is adorable...

Anonymous said...

I originally thought that video was the CUTEST.THING.EVER. featuring Elizabeth Mitchell, but there
s a new College Humor video featuring her [http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1946374] which is even more adorable!

This woman makes me sad cloning isn't a realistic possibility yet!

PS - I don't think you should be able to claim Elizabeth Mitchell as your imaginary wife unless you can proudly state you've sat through both The Santa Clause 2 *AND* 3...

Anonymous said...

i think the shannon sounds

sick.

tut..tut...sigh.

folkpants said...

Yes VERY adorable. She has a speech pattern kinda like Jessica Stein.

I don't watch "V" even with Elizabeth, and after suffering 6 seasons of LOST, I wouldn't recommend starting. But maybe youtube some footage of Elizabeth at least. Lots of tank tops and attitude.

Thank you so much for the video and for recognizing one of the cutest.

The Jabba laugh: oh my...

Amanda said...

Um, yes please.

Amanda

Joey M. said...

agreed. HOT ~:0)

Lyn said...

The original V series is so awesomely cheesy. I love it. You need to watch the opening sequence where Captain Tightpants crotches the alien guy in the face. Classic.