Monday, January 25, 2010

Naked Lady (Blue) Monday

Today, thanks to the wonders of science, is the most depressing day of the year. No, really. True fact. There’s a formula and everything. And, I must admit, I’ve been feeling a tad blue lately. Some of it may have to do with the seemingly endless rain we’ve been having here in California. Granted, us Golden Staters have no right to complain about weather of any sort. But it’s been awfully wet and awfully gray and to top it all off, the foundation has leaked in the only room of the house with carpeting – naturally. So I’m fighting soggy carpet and the onset of locker room smell. All in all, I’ve had better Januarys. But instead of give in to the gloom and depression of it all, I say we fight back against Blue Monday. I say we turn our frowns upside down. I say we come on and get happy. And you know what makes me happy? Naked ladies. So, without further ado and with very little warning, I give you the trailer for “Room in Rome.” To say that this clip is NSFW would be an understatement. What follows could be the very reason the acronym NSFW was invented. No, really. True fact.

Well, gosh. Just think of all the money they saved on wardrobe. Now I don’t know much about the plot. But I do know that that is an awful lot of naked happening right there. In fact, in the name of science, I think I’ll watch again to calculate the time spent naked versus the time spent clothed. Who is with me?

[Click to enlarge, thank me later.]

A little bit of water doesn’t seem so bad now, does it? Happy Monday, kittens.

26 comments:

Norma Desmond said...

I'm amused that, when the trailer ends, it immediately asks "Play again?" No other buttons. Just that one. Amusing. Happy Monday, indeed. And, as for the rain... wasn't the hail a little more disconcerting than the four days of rain? Or was the hail only in Westwood?

bluejaywing said...

Miss Snarker, you may be dealing with soggy carpet syndrome (and good luck with that), but I'm having to deal with the fact that my jaw just crashed through three storeys and shattered the foundation of my basement. The concrete foundation.

Best. Picture. Ever.
Thanks again to all the dudes who invented the camera.

Anonymous said...

Shared abyss, indeed. Thank you!

Lisa said...

Is it wrong that my thought is, "Where'd they get a bathtub long enough to lay in like that?"

naomi said...

hi, i just wanted to say i stumbled across your blog and i'm enjoying it. thanks!

kim said...

I must be the only person in the world you can't figure out what NSFW means for real, because the first thing that came to mind is "No Sex For Weeks"..which pretty much describes my current situation..lol

extremely hot clip...if that film makes it to the U.S. I'll be shocked...

Andy 7 said...

Great trailer! I was also excited to hear "Girl" by Suicide played during the trailer as well, love that song.

Unknown said...

It's currently - 4 Fahrenheit (really, no mistake!) where I'm staying, so a little rain doesn't really seem like that big a deal.

But thanks for making my Monday! Somehow it doesn't seem so blue anymore ;)

Unknown said...

Spanish cinema...

Josephine said...

I'm not sure from the trailer that I will like the movie. But I really loved Sex and Lucia, so I will definitely give it a try. If nothing else, there will be lesbians.

Tin said...

That's an interesting little fact. Luckily for me, I've actually been in a really good mood today, so here's to avoiding Blue Monday syndrome! And that picture only added to the good mood.

Anonymous said...

the first time I saw this onemorelesbian.com
I sat with my jaw dropped and literally
almost fell out of my chair – literally

I sure hope it comes out soon, as I would like to
know the story about “you have to be Russian.

and Yes, NSFW (not safe for work) this movie
mad the definition!

and the bright side of rain - rainbows and
no summer droughts!

lynn said...

lisa...not wrong, Im way too practical in those ways also...kimber...my guess would be "not suitable for work" but I could be wrong...in Ca. here also and just this morning was thinking how miserable Im getting daily without sunshine :>) Im tired of going out for walks and ending up with water splats up the backs of my pant legs.

Anonymous said...

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!
Oh my! One to watch out for here in Scotland (yeah don't talk to me about rain....)

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

So, true facts and science have finally collided to give us a quantifiably horrible day. Damn.

LiteraryVice432 said...

Mondays are evil, evil things but this made me not care one iota about all the crap I have to do today.

So. Freaking. Hot

Also: NSFW=Not Safe For Work

Anonymous said...

wow, what a HOT trailer!

But I hope it's not one of those "I'm not a lesbian" movies, which seems to me to be made for straight men to enjoy and not be threatened by. totally not interested in that. It would be nice if it was more than just a whack-off movie.

Estela Rengel said...

This is a spanish remake of an old film starred by a straight couple. I'm spanish and I'm so glad of spanish directors who want to tell lesbians stories. I think I will love this movie. Time to time.

Andy 7 said...

According to imDB (yes, I checked;)it's still in production and will be released later in the year. Sounds like a winner.

Clairmont M. Voliet said...

Dear lordy. It sure is hot in here now...

Lexi said...

I've been watching that trailer on and off for a while now, and it never gets old.

Nox said...

ahhh and I was in such a bad mood yesterday... thank you =)

lulu said...

just turned into the best day ever. thanks ms. snarker

Anonymous said...

OMG I think my heart just stopped, watched that trailer and decided to live again just to wait for that movie to be released !

Thanks, you made my night...

now where is my prescription?

Alice

unfinished said...

Um. Um.

"Now I'm speechless. I am tongue-tied..."

Anonymous said...

The vid doesn't work here anymore. So I went and found a new link. Voila:
http://www.onemorelesbian.com/room-in-rome-trailer.html
Enjoy - and I mean enjoy! Wholeee Guacamolee - I want to buy the movie! Now!