Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Call Me by My Furiosa

See, told you’d I’d have some real posts. But then how could I not post about “Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga?” We all know and adore the original “Mad Max: Fury Road.” And, yes, I’m still a tad salty they didn’t just give Furiosa her own movie, they instead had to make Furiosa younger (and cast a younger actress) to get her own movie. That said, I mean, obviously it looks cool. But, it is also obvious that Anya Taylor-Joy does not radiate the kinetic physicality of Charlize Theron. Like, Charlize is hands down my favorite and the most interesting action star working right now. Yes, no matter the gender. “Mad Max: Fury Road,” “Atomic Blonde,” “The Old Guard.” Please, Tom Cruise’s last three action movies were all sequels – and one was a sequel to another sequel in the same damn franchise. Anyway, I will watch this because a) still a female action lead, and b) still Furiosa. But I certainly hope they don’t let Chris Hemsworth and his enormous prosthetic nose steal the show from our gal.

3 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Should have let Charlize do her thing

Shasta said...

Seeing more of Charlize as Furiosa would’ve been a dream! I’m still probably going to see this though!

Anonymous said...

Have you seen Deadloch? I’m partly thru season one and it is so delightfully queer