Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Yogurt Me All Night Long

This ad is sexy as hell. And this ad is running on American television. I saw it, with my own eyes. On my television. This week. Look, it’s not like I’m not going to run out and buy a bunch of Greek yogurt now or anything. But, man, if this ad doesn’t make me at least a little happy this Greek yogurt exists.

This ad also continues yogurt (and peripherally related dairy products) grand lesbian tradition in commercials.

Who can forget Leisha Hailey’s Yoplait commercials. (But, seriously, who serves yogurt at a wedding?)



And then there was Erin Foley the cream cheese angel. (Perfecting the swirl long before Crazy Eyes and Chapman tried to chocolate and vanilla it.)



Happy pride month dairy product lovers.

p.s. I would like to note that there have been a pleasant flurry of national TV sots recently featuring LGBT people being very ordinary and very everyday in wonderful ways. The Wells Fargo ad. The Tylenol ad. The Sabra Hummus ad. (Yes, of course, hummus!) So this one actually stood out because it was, well, sexy.

5 comments:

Hoot said...

My God, I was blind and now I can see!

Carmen SanDiego said...

Guess I need to buy Chobani now...

Anonymous said...

I applaud putting all people in national advertising; however, I do not like the ad. It's yogurt FFS. Who eats yogurt in bed? Like that? Why can't gay people just be in ads like everyone else...just living their lives, normally, making breakfast, trying to get their kids out the door in the morning, trying to find a snack to eat, etc., etc., etc. Instead, we once again get portrayed as if our gay life is all about the bedroom.

Having told my wife my opinion of the commercial, she said "What if it was Chobani passion fruit yougurt?" Man, I love her!

Anonymous said...

I'll take the bedroom any old time.

I loved it. It's not like they're living in sin or anything--the ladies are married which piles on even more points for our side. Frankly I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed.

Any positive image is OK by me.

Anonymous said...

This commercial definitely made me smile when I too watched it on my real life TV in my real life house. That being said I've always found it weird that yogurt companies have decided that yogurt is a definitively feminine food. I never see guys eating it in ads, just women eating it in weird places like at weddings or giggling inanely with a bunch of other crazed lady yogurt eaters who are crying and screaming, "DOES THIS YOGURT MAKE MY VAGINA LOOK THIN?!?!" I might have embellished that last part...maybe...a little bit.