Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bitch Slap

So I get that “The Slap” is supposed to be a big prestige drama. It’s got a ton of recognizable stars like Uma Thurman and Thandie Newton and Spock and that bad guy from “Boys Don’t Cry.” Plus it’s directed by out filmmaker Lisa Cholodenko of “High Art” and “The Kids Are All Right” fame. The pedigree is there, I get it. But, mostly, I just don’t care. I’d be more interested in watching a show about someone who slaps parents who don’t vaccinate their children. No, seriously, I would watch the hell out of that show. But this? Eh. Also, it’s just a given that I’d watch a show of just Ellen slapping people.

3 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Yeah, I saw the previews for "the slap" and just went "meh"
But Ellen? Yeah, that would rule

Anonymous said...

Are you really surprised that Lisa Cholodenko made something that is shit? LoL. I'm just glad there are no lesbians in it to sleep with men for like 13 episodes.

Endless Waterfall said...

Are we talking about the same "The Slap" that is originally Australian? That was quite a good show. Only a few episodes, great acting, understated and realistic emotions. Not seen this remake. Why oh why are American remakes needed? There can be only two reasons for that: American audiences are stupid and can not relate to anything that is foreign (which I assume is not true) or American TV bosses look down on their audience and think they are stupid and can not relate to anything foreign. We all know the answer to that one. There is only one way to solve this: refuse to watch those remakes and go straight to the original source material.