Friday, April 15, 2016

My Weekend Crush

You guys, YOU GUYS. Sorry, I don’t mean to yell. But after too many shows made us slog through disappointing seasons, I’m all in for a fun new show that shoots from the hip. And that show, my friends, is “Wynonna Earp.” Now, we already knew its bona fides were legit. The new Syfy series was created by none other than Emily Andras, the former executive producer and showrunner of “Lost Girl.” And, kittens, you all know how I feel about “Lost Girl” (*heart eyes forever*). It’s also based on a graphic novel by the same name and revolves around a proverbial Strong Female Lead. But knowing something might be good and realizing it in fact is are two different things.

The pilot was, well, a pilot. It was a little uneven and went for the dump you into action instead of explain too much route of storytelling. But then the second episode, goodness, did the show find its feet – or boots. I don’t know how far I should push the cowboy metaphors. To nutshell the show for you it’s about the eldest heir to legendary lawman Wyatt Earp who inherits his gun which has the ability to kill demons. Oh, and it also has a charismatic world-weary female lead, spunky smart sister sidekick, punchy one-liners and a big-ass pistol. What’s not to like?

But, because it’s Emily and because she loves being good to us ladies who like ladies, the show also features some hot – or should I say Haught – potential ladies who like ladies action. In its second episode the show introduced Officer Haught. YES HER NAME IS HAUGHT. Sorry, I’m yelling again. But, indeed, the sheriff deputy is a) hot and b) very interested in Wynonna’s sister, Waverly – and vice versa. And no, this isn’t some thinly veiled subtext. But don’t take my word for it. See all the unabashed lady-on-lady flirting for yourself.



Obviously, there’s already a perfect shipper name for these two. It’s WayHaught, naturally. Look, any show that can get both an impromptu wet T-shirt contest and woman in a uniform so seamlessly into the same scene deserves your respect, and your viewership. It airs tonight on Syfy. Happy watching and weekend, all.

8 comments:

Helena said...

If the police in the USA are like Nicole Haught and Stef Foster , I'm coming for a visit :)

Carmen SanDiego said...

Aaaaand add another show to my pile of shows to binge watch during the summer

AK said...

Sis is SO Ditzy! Good comic relief to Wynona Stoic-dry-droll. For me to keep watching: more girl skin & bring that older Aunt ( ?) into the story more.

jennifer from pittsburgh said...

Next to spiders, my biggest fear is getting stuck in my shirt. I sympathy panicked a little while watching that clip.

Jaibrd said...

It's fun, has a bit of a Lost Girl feel to it and can only get better. Officer Haught! Melanie Scrofano is interesting, hadn't been on my radar.

TheWeyrd1 said...

Totally watching and loving the show Wynnona Earp...but the video clip is not from the show...

TheWeyrd1 said...

Well, if you refresh a few times, it does cycle back to Wynnona...heh

Shasta said...

Oh dang, the last time I listened to you, my computer got a virus and died!! This looks so fun tho!!!