Monday, January 27, 2014

Queens for a Day

These are by no means a complete or coherent listing of my thoughts about the Grammys. But it is late and my brain needs a break from all the stage fog. What I do know is that these were the first Grammys I have actually enjoyed in years. My enjoyment was twofold. 1) There were some very fun performances by Queen Bey, Pink, Lorde, Sara Bareilles and Carole King, Kacey Musgraves, Kendrick Lamar and those rock guys and Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Mary Lambert, Queen Latfiah, Madonna and all those couples who got married. 2) I watched it on tape delay with liberal use of the fast forward button.

The only way it could have been better, besides all the boring bits I fast forwarded through, was if Queen Latifah made it official while officiating all those marriages. Come on, Queen. If Jodie Foster can do it at an award show, so can you.

3 comments:

Kristan said...

I have to admit, the "wedding" part was surprisingly moving. I think they were smart to keep it brief, so there wasn't an opportunity for it to get overly cheesy. Even the famous people were crying!

And Beyonce? Yeah. Damn.

Carmen SanDiego said...

Kacey Musgraves was the revelation for me
I hve been listening to Followyour Arrow non stop since sunday night

Anonymous said...

Oy! I didn't appreciate Bey at all. I guess I'm getting old...but that was too over the top and too indecipherable for 8pm. Go make out with your husband on your own time.