Thursday, January 02, 2014

Big Gay Middle Finger

You know how I like to start a new year (well, besides a boxful of puppies)? I like to express a little righteous indignation. And this being the beginning of 2014 and 2014 being an Olympic year, the two naturally come together. I still have mixed feelings about the Sochi Winter Olympics. On the one hand, I love watching the sheer skill of these elite athletes who spend a lifetime working toward this accomplishment. On the other hand, Russia’s oppressive policies toward LGBT people can kiss my big gay ass. So what can we do? Boycott the games, boycott their vodka, boycott winter? I don’t pretend to have the perfect answer. But I do know continuing to shed light on their backward politics is important. And, if we can do that with a little humor and a lot of gay-iety, all the better. So let Kate McKinnon as Billie Jean King be the big gay middle finger of us all. Righteous laughter, indeed. p.s. “Saturday Night Live” should use Kate more. Like, way more. Like, all the time.

4 comments:

Carmen SanDiego said...

Kate McKinnon is so talented
I hope she becomes a huge star

egghead said...

I have a crush on Kate. Especially after the BJK impersonation. :D

ravaj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ravaj said...

o poo. can anyone find me a link that will allow me to see this sketch outside the usa? thank you!