Friday, June 22, 2012

My Weekend Crush


I like that Sia is, for lack of a better word, weird. Not that weird is a negative. But in a culture steeped in the superiority of all things cool, Sia stands out as an artist who delights in doing her own thing no matter how wacky. Also, girl can flat-out sing and provide a killer hook. (Just try to get “Wild Ones” out of your head this summer. It’s like it and “Call Me Maybe” are on an endless loop on radio right now.) Plus, to round out this Pride Week, Sia is openly bisexual and famously formerly dated JD Samson of Le Tigre. And even if none of those things were true, Sia would still hold the singular title of having one of the most used songs in lesbian fan video history. Name a TV/movie lesbian couple, type it into YouTube and if you can’t find a fanvid of them set to “Breathe Me,” I will give you a unicorn pony.* So, here’s the weirdos. The misfits. The queers. Happy Pride and happy weekend, all.



* No unicorn ponies will actually be distributed.

6 comments:

LP said...

I love love love Sia. I got to see her live this past year. It was THE BEST concert I've ever been to. She is truly amazing and inspiring in dealing with her illness. I'm glad to see she's being introduced to the masses.

Mia said...

oh dorothy, i would so reblog this if you posted it at your tumblr... show some love for Sia :D

Anonymous said...

for me, always SFU 's finale,best ever

Tanya said...

Would like to ask a favour and hope you could do something on Karin Park? Swedish singer songwriter. And maybe Grace Lamarr?
Thanks.

Tanya said...

I don't know where she's frrom. Maybe you can find out for me.
Grace lamarr. I believe a new uprising jazz sensation. Can't wait. Btw, I think she's only nineteen.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Grace-Lamarr/148054858647905

Alexandra said...

WHAT a voice.