Friday, November 18, 2011

My Weekend Crush

Goddamit, if I “2 Broke Girls” more doesn’t make me laugh like an idiot. I know, I know – there are still some problematic racial overtones. Though, thankfully, they’ve begun toning those down a bit. And, no, it’s not necessarily high art. And, yes, I still think the horse is crazy. But, fuck it, sometimes you just want to chuckle uncontrollably at the sight of two girls stuffing cupcakes down each other’s shirts. Plus there’s absolutely no denying the comedic and comely charms of Kat Dennings. She’s really why I tuned in in the first place. (Well, that and friendo to the lesbians Liz Feldman writes for the show.) While Kat’s delivery bothered me at first, it has developed a nice rhythm now that is her own distinct style. I also like that she’s not a bean pole (we’ve got the equally delightful Beth Behrs for that already). Heavens, does her waitress uniform fit her tightly nicely. I hadn’t seen Kat in much before the show. But from what I can gather she’s a geek dream girl alternative to Zooey Deschanel. For those who prefer their ladies with a little more vavoom and a little less cutsie. And I have this unstoppable urge to touch her oversized upper lip. And her milky skin. I think they’d be soft – so soft. Happy weekend, all.

6 comments:

TheQueerBird said...

We watched the show for the first couple of episodes, but the second rape joke was enough to push us away. ("Just hold still, it won't hurt... wait, why am I quoting a rapist?" Cue laughtrack. Ugh.)

Charli said...

The first few episodes had their issues(the rape joke as example) but the show really hit its stride the last three weeks. And has toned some of the nastiness down. This past week's episode was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.

And yes Kat Dennings is pretty awesome. I loved her in Nick & Norah, and then as RDjr's daughter in the movie Charlie Bartlett.

And yes, she's pretty hot.

Fernanda said...

Have you seen her photoshoot with Terry Richarson?? Oh, the curves... :)

http://kat-dennings.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=331

I also think that at each episode of 2BG things get funnier, smarter and more tasteful. I am totally following this tv show now and in great part is because of Kat. ;)

Carmen SanDiego said...

I've liked Kat Dennings since Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. In fact I like her so much that I went to a taping of the show here in LA. Chestnut the horse was nowhere to be seen in that episode. No explanation was given for his absence.
Very happy they are not using the racial stereotypes and rape jokes anymore

Alice said...

not gonna like i watch 2bg's just for kat dennings. she's super hot, and it's great to see a girl on tv for once that's doesn't look like a half starved waif...

Anonymous said...

ds, i remember you talked about

'once upon a time', the drama,

I saw similar movie, on youtube,

yesterday? It was 'mirror mirror',

The bad queen actor seems Julia Roberts.

The trailer seems like she's more like comical queen.

somewhat looks fun.

stay warm and have a great weekend!