Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh, Canada

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! OK, so I’m a day late. But that doesn’t mean I can’t still raise a glass of Canadian Club in celebration of my neighbors to the north. In fact, everyone knows Thanksgiving dinner is better the second day. Mmmm, leftovers. And when the leftovers include Ellen Page in a Soylent Green moment, well, someone please pass the gravy.


The video is another collaboration with singer/comic Har Mar Superstar. He previously starred with Ellen and her “Whip It” co-star Alia Shawkat in that “Don’t Stop Believin’” video featuring really bad singing and really awesome push-ups from earlier this summer. And now, cannibalism.

Also, I had no idea they had Canadian versions of popular young adult fiction. Gosh, you just learn something new every day. Thanks, Canada.

Also, fuck youuuu, Celine Dion!

12 comments:

Nox said...

"making a meal of Ellen Page.... right words, wrong action.

Adrienne said...

thanks for the shout out. canada appreciates. and yes, fuck you celine dion, fuck you.

i'd also like to mention that this video as well as the don't stop believing music video has invetably caused my ellen page crush to grow even fonder. i'm not sure if that is a good thing.

Norma Desmond said...

I like this post simply for its randomness. Totally indicative of the day I'm doing to have, I think.

yeuxsaphire said...

someones going to have to fill me in on the celine references...ive got her on my ipod (as the more sane of my music choices). she do something particularly obnoxious lately? I can be clued up at my name at yahoo.whatever. thanks.

dc said...

Now what has Celine gone and done this time to get everyone's knickers in a twist....:)

I've been away, in Iceland. Anyone care to elaborate?

MakingSpace said...

Good lord I just googled and that child is twenty-two years old!!!!! I could be her mother! I wish her the best but dayum, could we get some more people who aren't infants on here? Yes, yes, Diane Sawyer was duly noted. Also Jane Lynch... more!

Acaislim said...

Great post!

Unknown said...

MakingSpace - Also, Allison Janney! But wait, she's old enough to be my mother...does that make my *possibly* obsessive crush a bad thing?

MakingSpace said...

Courtney, you get a free pass to crush on Allison Janney. As does everyone else on the planet, plus little purple and green creatures from outer space. LOL It's kind of like my bone-breaking crush on Dame Judi Dench. Heh.

-Kat- said...

Uhhh i dont understand celine dion part either...would someone explain already?

Anonymous said...

lol. What an adorable lady-Ellen Page. :) Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canucks (sorry for the late post).

Anonymous said...

What the EFF!!!!! Celine Dion is amazing!!! She did NOTHING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is a beautiful woman whom God has blessed greatly. Have some respect for her and her beautiful family.... Thanks a lot :)