Friday, July 02, 2021

My Weekend Crush

Get used to saying Sha’Carri Richardson’s name – and when I say “saying,” I actually mean screaming it at the top of your lungs while also screaming “Gooooo!” and “USA!” and “Whooooooooo!” The sprinter placed first in the 100-meter finals at the Olympic trials last week, stamping her ticket to the Tokyo Olympic games and embossing her name on our collective consciousness. That speed. That talent. That hair. That everything. All that, plus she’s (very likely probably we’re all pretty sure) queer! Before winning the finals at the trials she told USA Today that her girlfriend picked her flaming orange locks:
“My girlfriend actually picked my color. She said it like spoke to her, the fact that it was just so loud and vibrant, and that’s who I am.”
Following the publication of that little tidbit, Sha’Carri tweeted a rainbow so, yeah, welcome to the Family. My love of the Olympics is no secret as the only acceptable time to scream “USA! USA!” (Only other acceptable usage is during the Women’s World Cup, but not the men’s – these are the rules.) I can’t wait to cheer/scream for Sha’Carri this summer. Happy weekend, all.

p.s. Well, shit. Are they really going to kick her off the Olympic team for a little weed? White men across the country are making multi-millions selling it legally at dispensaries that look like Apple stores. Come on now, no one in their right mind would call it performance enhancing.

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Absurd! Reinstate her!

Panty Buns said...

OMG, Sha'Carri Richardson is phenomenal!
I love that Sha'Carri quote and her rainbow Tweet!!!!!!
I also love this Tweet about Sha'Carri's race by Michelle Obama!
Kicking her off the Olympic team for weed would be an absurd travesty.
The "United States Anti-Doping Agency" needs to get its head out of its ass.
There was no "doping" involved and their thought process was clearly formulated in their rectum.