Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Naya night

In lieu of watching the upcoming episode of “Glee” – which to date I have received approximately 5 million emails and tweets about already because of the preview featuring that Brittany/Sam kiss – I have decided to just let Naya Rivera sing me in a sweet stupor instead. In the spirit of the season, I’ve also made peace with my loss of emotional investment in this show, what with the Version 2.0 Gleeks hogging all the spotlight in an apparent race to alternately annoy and bore me to death. But I am not and will never be bored of the sound of Naya singing to Brittany, me and/or the universe. So please, let the holly jolly take over you. And in self-imposed hiatus from that show I used to really look forward to, but now mostly half watch while I play Drop 7 on my iPhone, here is a little treat. Nothing soothes the savaged Brittana soul better than a gorgeous “Silent Night.” Bram sounds terrible anyway, like something you add to your morning cereal for fiber.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drop 7 is my all-time favorite app. Thanks for giving it a shout-out!

Anonymous said...

Dorothy, your post is a real day wrecker for me.

I have grown to hate Glee for all the disappointment and pain it causes. I've tried, assiduously, to avoid reading anything about it. I hate myself for letting this stupid show bother me so much. I choose self hatred even though it would be so much easier to hate every last person associated with Glee. I don't want to succumb to the easy path.

I regret losing the good music I used to like, the voices I so admired. I loved Naya's voice but won't listen to it when it only makes me sad, sad, sad. Perhaps with the passage of time, I will be able to go back.

There are likely still some fans holding out for a happy ending and I hope they get it. I am finished being a Charlie Brown viewer for their Lucy-esque writing. I realized the other day I would actually prefer all the characters be dead. Sometimes I pretend I had a hand in killing certain of them…

Glee had moments when individual cast members really did shine. The atrocious writing rubbed all the shine off, only to daub them with toxin. If there were a surgical or pharmacological protocol to remove all knowledge of Glee and its people from my mind, I would consider illicit money making schemes to fund such a treatment. I hate what it has done to me.

Anonymous said...

I too will NEVER be tired of hearing and watching Santana sing to Brittany - Brittana Forever!

Anonymous said...

Your opinion speaks the TRUTH! Glee disgusts me. Brittana are soulmates!