Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tank Top Tuesday: Premiere Week Edition

Oh, premiere week, how I love you. It’s like Christmas and your birthday all wrapped up in a big bow and placed with love on the couch for you. What is hiding underneath the pretty wrappers? Something you’ll love? Something you’ll return? Something you’ll regift at the office holiday party next year. So far, Monday night belongs to Yvonne Strahovski (with a kick-ass assist from Linda Hamilton). “Chuck was the best thing I saw yesterday. As for the big “Hawaii Five-O” vs. “Chase” showdown, I’m somewhat underwhelmed with both. The big Five-O seems more like a potential gay boy Rizzoli & Isles with Alex O’Laughlin McGarrett and Scott Caan Danno bickering like an old married couple. Just wait until they both show off their abs and start making googley eyes at each other. Grace Park was quite nice, but I’m generally adverse to any show that only has one regular female character amid a sea of male ones. Call it my Bechdel Test for TV. As for “Chase,” it was pretty straight forward: Bad guys run, good guys chase them. Truth in advertising, I guess. I hope Rose Rollins gets to have more than two lines of dialogue per show.

Handicapping of the rest of the week, Tank Top Tuesday style.

TODAY

Lea Michele, Glee I am displeased to report that Rachel is still the same old Rachel in the second season premiere. Her voice sure sounds great, though.

Heather Morris
I am pleased to report that Brittany is the same old Brittany in the second season premiere. With more discussion of boobs.

Naya RiveraSantana’s boobs are also a hot discussion topic, though perhaps not how you’d expect.

Jane LynchThough, if it were up to me, we’d talk about Sue’s boobs. I knew something spectacular lurked beneath that track suit.

Keri Russell, Running Wilde“Running Wilde” is getting shitty reviews, but Felicity looks great.

WEDNESDAY

Sofia Vergara, Modern FamilyLet the ridiculous rolling of Rs commence.

THURSDAY

Amy Poehler, Parks & RecreationI really wish they’d bring this back now instead of midseason. I need my Tina/Amy punch like back in the Weekend Update days.

Alison Brie, Community
I don’t watch this. This may be an error on my part.

Nina Dobrev, The Vampire DiariesI know, I know, you don’t watch. But, come on, she plays two characters. Double your pleasure, kittens.

Maggie Q, NikitaStill not entirely sure I’m sold yet. But there is running with a gun in a tank top. So it can’t be all bad.

Anna Torv, Fringe
I don’t know how I’m going to fit this in to my watch/DVR/stream schedule this season. But, dammit, if this doesn’t make me want to try harder.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sold on "Chase" last night until it's final scene when I got to see Tasha...uh, I mean, Rose Rollins...in a tank top again.

I'll probably give the show a few more episodes.

mchottie said...

Seriously, what is really wrong with Rachel??? She's a bit over-eager and she tries to hard, but she doesn't deserve all the ridiculous bile spewed at her, the show already does that. Rachel has no friends, don't even get me started on the Finn thing, she's way to good for him and she doesn't have any idea. I hate the way Rachel is treated even more than I hate Will, which is even more than I hate Dana dying or the murder jenny plot!!

Advizor54 said...

Alison Brie, of Community isn't the only reason to watch, it's funny and odd and is high up on my TiVO list, but Alison is super cute on the show. I'll have to add some of your other suggestions to the list...

sue said...

Sofia Vergara oh.my.god...my jaw hit the floor when i saw that photo. thinking of setting it as my desktop wallpaper.

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I'd give Lost Girl a go. It has a few things relevant to every lesbian's interests: a hot lady hero in leather, a smartass girl sidekick and a lady doctor who will, very soon, end up in hot lady hero's bed, pantless. And it'll be canon.

T said...

ummm...Anna Torv sans suit...HOLY SH*T - where has that picture been hiding?

Norma Desmond said...

While only some of my favorite TV line-up ladies made the cut, I'm happy about the few that did. Also, Hawaii Five-O is not being added to my queue. Too many shows already, and if I wanted a male Rizzoli & Isles... well, I don't, is the point, really.

N!k!t@ said...

Miss Snarker, might I also suggest you watch Castle? There is the awsomeness of Nathan Fillion and the oh so prettyness/hotness of this lady: http://c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000gS543IRbuN8/s/650/Actress-Stana-Katic

Annie said...

Not so much the best picture of her, but Nina Dobrev is ridiculously beautiful. Actually, EVERYONE on that show is ridiculously pretty.

Anonymous said...

I never comment, but one thing you said, or wrote, surprised me. Re the first picture: A big fat WORD on disliking Rachel. Not a lot of fans of the show do. Man, does she grate.

vrgriffith said...

OMG Naya Rivera!!!!!!!!

Yum on steroids!

Anonymous said...

I don't really get the Rachel hate, either. Sure she can be annoying and dramatic at times, but her heart is usually in the right place.

Maybe that's just my crush on Lea talking though....

Anonymous said...

Nice photo sourcing Snarker.
Began smiling seeing Lea, stopped breathing seeing Alison and literally choked on my water seeing Anna.

Anonymous said...

Rock the Fringe, Snarker.

Though I would pick up DVDs and catch up on season two since you dropped it. It was leaps and bounds more impressive than the first season and will surely make watching season three a lot easier.

Or the Blu-Rays! Can you say Agent Dunham in 1080p? Rawr.

;) babs said...

Ms. Snarker, you should really watch FRINGE, because now there's two Olivias - more screentime for hottie Anna Torv!

Soz said...

You need to start watching Fringe! It was the best season finale I watched this week. Get on it!

Anonymous said...

May I add:
Vicki Butler Henderson from "Top Gear"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5472KlsQ7Zw&feature=related
Kirstie Allsopp from "Location, location, location"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uO2dSrqmzY
Sarah Beeny from "Property ladder"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6Qn97y0rs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yBDxrpU098
Katherine Grainger - coxless pairs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDZF_nmHN5c
Jessica
Ennis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aCZOjq94Lg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEdJdFN8Epc&feature=related

Victoria Coren
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7167010508385934074#