Thursday, January 29, 2009

SGALGG: Award Season Edition

I love award season. First, you get to honor amazing actors for outstanding work. And second, dude, women in beautiful dresses. Hello. But, even better than a lady in a nice frock is a lady in a nice frock acting frisky with another lady. Oh, kittens, you know where I am going with this. In honor of last week's Oscar nominations, here is a look at the Best SGALGG nominees so far this awards season. The competition is fierce. And by fierce, I mean hot.
[Click any and all to enlarge for, you know, judging purposes.]

Most Insistent: Robin Wright Penn & Kate WinsletRobin really, really wants to get a little closer to Kate.
Can you blame her?

Best Couple: Amy Adams & Emily BluntWhat? In my head they're totally a couple. (p.s. I can't wait for “Sunshine Cleaning.”)

Luckiest S.O.B. Ever: Dude between Olivia Wilde & Angelina JolieThis guy is inches away as Olivia and Angelina are about to touch. Five bucks say he jizzed! in! his pants!

Best Kiss: Anne Hathaway & Rosemarie DeWittDear Anne: Brokeback for lesbians. Think about it.
xoxo, Ms. Snarker.

Most Blatant Checking Out of the Merchandise:
Eva Longoria & Rosario Dawson
Rosario, honey, her eyes are higher.

Best “Oh My,What Are You Doing With Your Hand?”: Meryl Streep & Penelope CruzA little down. Now to the left. Oh yeah, just like that.

Most Mommy Issues: Jessica Lange & Drew BarrymoreSure, they play mother-daughter in “Grey Gardens.” But if men can do May-December, then so can SGALGG.

Best Recruitment Material: Christina HendricksFine, so there isn't another gal to act gay with Christina. But, come on, if just seeing that doesn't make every straight gal on the planet question her sexuality, well, nothing will.

23 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to see Christina Hendricks act gayish, you don't have to look further than the episode of Firefly where she briefly tries to seduce Morena Baccarin.

Anonymous said...

mh... angelina and olivia... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

"If you want 2 see Christina Hendricks act gayish..." you can watch this (http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=RW-OBpsENNk)

mmmm

Anonymous said...

wooaaah!
i vote for olivia and angie!! hands down

Anonymous said...

i really cant get enough Kate. ever.

Anonymous said...

Olivia and Angelina

Olivia is the only reason I watch House. She says she has a crush on Angelina - looks like it could be mutual hmm

chels said...

olivia & angelina in the same picture. the world needs more of this.

Anonymous said...

Hot Damn... nice pics, as usual Ms. Snarker!
Olivia Wilde and Angelina Jolie -- yowza!
What I wouldn't give to have been a fly on the wall at this and other awards shows... I watch the awards show less for who wins (yeah I know that's kind of shallow of me) and more for who is with whom and I love those moments that capture your attention, like in the pics you posted!
I'm headed out to LA for the Oscars... here's hoping that there will be lots of wonderful moments for you to capture at that show as well!

Morcegos no Sótão said...

OMG... The awesomeness of your pictures! I have blatant girl-crushes on both Emily Blunt and Amy Adams, I was thrilled to see them together in your blog!

And Olivia Wilde with Angelina Jolie? I'm not a fan of Jolie, but the mere ideia... mmmm

Meryl Streep with Penélope Cruz was just cute. I love Meryl Streep and it's always great when I see her interacting with other artists. Gotta love the teacher-student fantasy! ^^

MJNuts

Unknown said...

OMG! What great pics.

Can someone do me the favor of photoshopping the dude out from between Angelina and Olivia...then move those two a bit closer together...?

Thanks. :)

I love Christina Hendricks and actually not for the obvious reasons. For me she has been one of the standouts on Mad Men and I even liked her guest role on Life as well.

Mia said...

Holy smoke! Ok Ollie & Angie (my imaginary friends...) can be total hotties but Robin wins it all. I mean holy smoke! Kate is just trying to escape her hotness isn´t she? It´s like "let it be hon´, we´ll work it backstage, shall we...?" Beware of the accent, did u feel it? lol that´s just stupid of mine, sorry :D

amy & emily are acting so sisterly, it´s cute ;)

Anonymous said...

Penelope Cruz and Kate Winslet = double yummy!

Anonymous said...

This is one straight gal who loves SGALGG posts. This one is full of absolute win and sexiness with Winslet and Streep. This would only be better if Winslet and Streep were in one picture together touching. *sigh* If only I could switch places with the man between Olivia Wilde and Angelina Jolie...

Anonymous said...

Dorothy! Some Australian magazine has stolen SGALGG!!!! I was in the checkout queue reading up on celebrities and there it was: some magazine's entire cover was about how apparantly Lindsay and Sam have inspired a whole bunch of other 'straight' celelbrities to 'go gay'...
It was so good to come home and see the original SGALGG in all its snarky glory.
The only good bit of the magazine version was TWO pictures of Kirsten Dunst, with a different women each time, not sort of SGALGGy touching, but real kissing... I always got a bit of a ping on my gaydar off her... sigh...
Thanks for getting us the gossip the way we like it : )
K

TheWeyrd1 said...

Have I mentioned that I'm 3 degrees of separation from Amy Adams...or maybe it's 2... Anyway, a good friend of mine is good friends with her mother...just sayin'!

Anonymous said...

i vote Robin and Kate. but it's a very difficult choice.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous @ 3:47,

It's funny that you mentioned Kirsten and that magazine because those pictures prompted an investigation on L Anon. It looks like Kirsten may be dating her long-time friend, Liat.
------------

Thanks, Dorothy, for the pic of Angelina and Olivia. What a lucky, lucky man to be sandwiched between those two.

Ummm...I'll be in my bunk.

Laura NY said...

f_ckin' brilliant, Snarker. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Olivia and Angelina. 2 of the most stunning women in the universe in one shot. There are no words.. (0_0)

Anonymous said...

"Watch out Kate, Robin's after your Golden Globes".

Please, please tell me somebody else saw that in a hypothetical caption? No, oh well....at least I put it out there.
xxxx
wyrm

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Miss Joan Holloway to ditch the rapist Doctor and get back with the roommate who was in love with her. She'll decide she has to step up and be the breadwinner in her new relationship, and demand her rightful job in the TV division.

I can dream.

crabbyanne said...

Oh, that was a lot of fun, thanks. I like the Amy/Emily pairing, and oh....my... Ms. Dawson, yowza. And always love to see Kate.

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly that guy between Angie and Olivia is Jolie's agent...that said, my god he's the damn luckiest man on earth...