Friday, October 26, 2012

My Weekend Roar

You know what I like? Women. You know how I like ‘em? Roaring. This election season has been hard on us and our lady bits. There’s been a lot – too much – talk of what we can and cannot do with them. There’s been a lot – too much – talk of what is legitimate and not legitimate when it happens to them. And there’s been a lot – too much – talk of what should happen when someone violates them and whether the unwanted result is something God intended to happen. Enough, old white men. ENOUGH. So this weekend my crush is not on any one woman, but all women – and discerning men folk – who are tired of more than half of the population being told what they can and cannot with our lives and bodies. So here are a lot of smart, talented, funny and fierce ladies saying enough is enough. My vote is my roar. Happy weekend, all.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Girl... if we only ruled the world. Rodham: Wasserman-Schultz 2016!

egghead said...

I liked Stephen Colbert saying, well, looky here I need to get out my "days without a rape mention board", -- 13 days this time!

This latest mention from Mourdock of Indiana is just another jab at women. I listen to a couple of radio shows most days, and invariably I hear calls from women who have been triggered once again. This is where the Fey woman is completely right, why can't we have an intelligent conversation about this subject, rather than some sick jab from some sick r-wing whacko? And it seems to come from out of nowhere. Screw them. <---- This is what I thought after this last one saying "god intended" it to be, so you will have the baby. This is Sharia law in action, the Republican Taliban coming out of the closet, right?

Anonymous said...

I agree, and since you never posted a link to this fierce and extraordinary speech of US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton in Geneva on LBGT rights as human rights, I thought you should know about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIqynW5EbIQ

Anonymous said...

During the Lesley Gore clip, I got a pop up asking to contribute to Romney's campaign!? "Ad by Google"

travesti said...

When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!
travesti

Florence said...

This is so awesome. Thank you for posting those videos. It's so great to see all those great people going like WTF? and using their fame to say stop this nonsense.
Also: "I cannot even finish this sentence without getting dumber" LOL.