Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Monster lane

You know what I miss? So many things. My ability to do a handstand. My ability to remember where I parked my car at the end of the day. My ability to eat half a pizza and an order of breadsticks with cheese sauce at 2 a.m. and not gain 30 pounds and extreme hearth burn overnight. But I digress. What I’m missing today is the zany magic wonder that is a Brian Fuller series on my TV screen. You know, the man behind “Wonderfalls” and “Pushing Daisies” and “Dead Like Me.” His style is as signature as that “chung-chung” sound from “Law & Order.” So imagine my delight when I heard that his modern-day Munsters reboot “Mocking Bird Lane” was on. Then on off. Then maybe on again. Then a one-shot Halloween special to air on NBC. Confusing, I know. Look, I was never a huge Munsters fan. I was more of an Addams Family girl myself. But I’ll gladly tune in, even if only for a night, to get a little of that old Fuller magic again. Plus, if enough of us watch, it might actually start airing on our TV screens on the regular. And then I could cross if off my list of things I miss. Which, as we’re all aware, is the real priority here.

p.s. I can’t decide whether Portia with the dark hair makes me purr or pause. A little of both, I think.


6 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Portia with dark hair: Dislike

FASTTCR said...

Don't you care that Ellen won the Mark Twain award? Assumed yesterday that it was late breaking news and you missed it. Today I was certain that your post would feature pictures of Ellen and Portia (with short blonde hair). What's up?

Anonymous said...

I loved Wonderfalls and learned about it from your site. I didn't care for the other two though i did watch them.

Anonymous said...

I can't stand Ellen so thanks very much for not posting her monkey face.

Cruise Tour Alaska said...

Love "Wonderfalls"...it is funny, dark, cynical and more than just a little odd.

Unknown said...

Portia with the dark hair made me purr and I was shocked by my own reaction! But I would watch more of the new Munsters just to see her again with dark hair.