Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gender Fuck Thursday: Gay It Forward

Right, so sometimes the lovely ladies who gay it forward wear suits instead of tank tops. Which is fine by me. I’m equal opportunity when it comes to my preferred lesbian attire. And I can’t think of a better subject to lead the way than Carla Gugino. She’s had more lesbian and lesbianish scenes than the cast of “The L Word.” Granted, the movies are largely of questionable quality. “Jaded,” “Rise: Blood Hunter,” “Center of the World,” “Sin City,” “She Creature.” They’re not exactly “Citizen Kane.” But, you know, A for effort. Though I really think we should get a petition going to finally put Carla in a good lesbian movie. It’d be a crime to let someone who looks that good in a suit go to waste. A damn crime.

Jaime MurrayIf Myka saw this you know she’d throw herself at HG, non-corporeal form or not.

Jordana BrewsterIf you ever want to find the lesbians in a crowd, just yell the name “Lucy Diamond” and see whose heads swivel faster than you can say “D.E.B.S.”

Amy AdamsWhile I’ve never seen the rest of “Standing Still,” I will admit to watching one particular scene more than once.

Chloe SevignyI have no idea what’s going on with the strange face kerchief. But seeing her in a jacket gives me warm fuzzies about her uber butch hottie in “If These Walls Could Talk II.”

Christina HendricksI kept the “Without a Trace” where she played an agoraphobic lesbian on my DVR for an unusually long time.

Kristin Scott ThomasI know, I’ve been on a bit of a KST kick of late. But with “Love Crimes” coming up and “Tell No One,” “Bitter Moon” and that scene in “Four Weddings and a Funeral” where she said she was a lesbian once in college all in the bag, can you really blame me?

Heather MorrisIt’s Brittany, bitch. And I have a lot more to say about her over on AfterEllen a little later today.

Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu and Drew BarrymoreIt’s the hat trick of lesbian kisses with Cameron in “Being John Malkovich,” Lucy in “Rise: Blood Hunter” and the “Ally McBeal” kiss heard around the world and Drew in “Poison Ivy.” With that track record it’s amazing they didn’t work in a threesome kiss in “Charlie’s Angels.” Well, there’s always the new TV show.

Sasha AlexanderDr. Maura Isles wearing Det. Jane Rizzoli’s clothes? I’ll be in my bunk, possibly forever.

p.s. Maura is totally checking out Jane’s ass in her dress here.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Cutest picture of KST EVER! (And Sue Perkins on one channel and Liv flirting with Sharon Stone on another - and now the first to comment on THAT picture.) Thank you for so often being part of my joy.
N
Oh, and now for the tv lesbian triangle Penny Wong is on the tv too.

Anonymous said...

Ah, gender fuck Thursday. You are a thing of beauty.

And, please, don't stop with KST. If people knew what we knew about her purring in french and english while portraying a lady-lovin'-lady, they would be here drooling too.

Carry on!

;) babs said...

thank you!
and there is never enough KST!

Anonymous said...

You know who Carla would be perfect as? Kitty Butler on Tipping the Velvet. That picture just PROVES I'm right.

And Tilda Swinton can be Nan. That movie is so playing in my head right now. Sometimes my head is a good place to be...

vrgriffith said...

CH,KST,SA or Jaime,Jaime,Jaime--YUUMMMMMMM!You have excellent taste!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! Maura in Jane's cloths did me end!!!ツ Those two will definitely be the death of me!!!! In an oh-so-good-way!!!!!!!ツツツツツ
And as always, thank you Ms. Snarker for your always amusing, always hitting that 'nail' right on its ever 'elephant in the room' loving head!!!

Marigny said...

uhhh holy freakin' gorgeous. I love genderfuck thursdays! :)

Cheers!

http://pudgydyke.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is with no doubt my favorite edition of gender fuck thursday

tlsintx said...

Lucy Diamond!!! :)

The first time I saw KST in The English Patient, I longed to be Ralph Fiennes (sp?). Longed I tell you.

dc said...

Kirsten Scott Thomas lives in France. Have been for most of her adult life, hence the French. But if you want to see a top notch KST film, see the one she was nominated for an Oscar a few years ago: I've Loved You So Long.

Stellar performance. And you will cry. Guaranteed.

Norma Desmond said...

Sasha in a suit... That has to happen SO much more often...