Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What time is it?

My God, have I missed “Lost Girl.” In 10 days TV’s best (fine, only) story about a bisexual succubus will be back for more fae-tastic adventures. Now, I’ve talked about my not-so-secret love of this Canadian delicacy before. And I’ve waxed eloquent about what I love about its stars Anna Silk (Mary-Louise Parker doppelganger + leather) and Zoie Palmer (soulful smirk + hotpants) and the hot doccubus action. But the dirty little secret I haven’t shared is that I also enjoy that this show is quite possibly TV’s most reliable deliverer of a little thing I like to call “Boobs O’Clock.”

What, pray tell, is Boobs O’Clock? Well, you know, it’s not really something that can be explained adequately in words. Mere syllables do not do this very special time of day justice. In fact, it’s less a time and more of a state of mind – dirty mind. Please allow Bo herself to demonstrate Boobs O’Clock.

Right, so, does that clear things up? No, still confused. Right, well perhaps a little repetition will help.

Ah-ha. Now you’re grasping the concept. Grasping. Get it? Oh, never mind.

Oh, Canada. Oh, Sept. 4. It’s about that time again. Let’s do this.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bo *be still my beating heart*
p.s. I totes discovered this show because of you Ms Snarker and for that I will be forever grateful.

shade said...

i'm absolutely dying. there's only so much fanfiction can do for you.:) o why is it so far away? sob!!!

Shasta said...

Yup, me too! Found Lost Girl because of Dorothy (actually killed my computer in the process, but that's another story) and I think I've caught up on the whole season. They've also been showing the teaser for season 2 quite a bit and that may have been enough to catch me. It's awesome and creepy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF5Y-q0ehGE

Unknown said...

Like everyone else, I also discovered this thanks to Dorothy Snarker. Can't wait until the 2nd season starts!

Steph said...

Any news on when it premieres on Syfy? I know I could probably find it on the web *ahem* but I'd kinda rather watch it on TV.

Anonymous said...

Where are the hands(*snicker*) on the clock? How would I know how to tune(*double sniker*) it without the hands?

These puns are so baaad,but I have no regrets, Ms. Snarker, no regrets.

Nikki said...

Lesbians all over the US should pretty much just thank Dorothy for this. Seriously, she should get some kind of royalties from Lost Girl PR or something!

Anonymous said...

So they have started advertising season 2 on the subway in Toronto. St. George Station is covered with posters doing with single character shots.

Each character with one word above them, like Sidekick for Kenzi and more importantly, Lover for Lauren.

Edilma said...

YEEEESSSSSSSS!
Unicorn I missed this show.

Kit Lang said...

It starts again on my birthday which is the best present ever. Also - regarding that last picture with Bo & Kenzie? Baaaaaad photoshop

sk said...

Now I must watch this. There are no DVDs yet, and I can't get the videos on showcase.ca to play. I can't tell if it's a browser issue or they block videos outside of Canada. Trailers work but not the show; they use different players though.

Shasta said...

I'm Canada and the ad and show play in the same window. Not sure if that means it's blocked outside Canada, but probably.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anon #2! Must make my way down to St. George's station to check it out. Dr Hotpants is love, lol.

Anonymous said...

So I went to Sushi on Bloor with friends and afterwards I made them come with to St George where I snapped some pics you may be interested in.

This takes you to Lauren the Lover
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66878652@N08/6081565162/

www.crearpaginaweb.com said...

Thank you for this article, quite effective data.