Friday, August 12, 2011

My Weekend Crush

I swear to the TV gods, if they kill Jessica I will never watch “True Blood” again. That’s a little dramatic, I know. But it’s all because of Deborah Ann Woll. Her baby vamp Jessica is the Willow of “True Blood.” Put her in danger and it causes instant fan heart attacks. It’s only fitting that Deborah plays someone supernatural. That milky skin. That flaming hair. She’s so pretty it has to be supernatural. Jessica’s evolution has been subtle and fascinating to watch. Her love for Hoyt, her struggles with her nature, her claiming of her power. Deborah has made Jessica the perhaps the most sympathetic character in the “True Blood” universe. A victim who is coming into her own, a young woman finding herself. In Bon Temps’ tangled web of switching allegiances, constant power struggles and complicated romantic couplings, Jessica’s fate is the one that tends to worry me most. So, as I was saying, get the fuck up off the ground and do something, Jason. Happy weekend, all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you.... when I saw the end to the last True Blood I was screaming at my television NOOOO!!!

Terri said...

Jessica is absolutely my favourite character. If she turns out to be really dead I will be absolutely gutted. :(

Malika said...

Come on Jason, don't let my great little Jessica burn in flames !
I just love her !

Marigny said...

Really ?? I understand why, but I jut can't get on her bandwagon.. I'll try.. real, real hard. LOL

I <3 True Blood, tho!

Cheers!
http://pudgydyke.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I will be so pissed off if she dies! She is absolutely my favorite character on True Blood. I can't imagine she'll actually die. Hopefully, Jason will save her in time and she'll only be a little bit sun burnt ;)

Anonymous said...

so happy jessica didn't die. and i wonder if we are going to see tara's girlfriend again. could you interview ms. Lim, dorothy ?

muebles en ciudad real said...

Oh my god, there's so much useful info above!