Thursday, August 18, 2011

Feel her pop

You know what I like about Anne Hathaway? She’s game. She’s really, really fucking game. And while that gameness can sometimes be construed as over-eagerness, I prefer to see it is as an endearing earnestness. She’s so very likeable. Even in that disaster of her Oscar co-hosting gig, it wasn’t for her lack of trying. (No, it was for James Franco’s lack of trying – seriously, I do not understand that dude’s appeal.) So when she stopped by Conan on Tuesday, I was expecting Anne to be her normal delightful self. But I never thought her appearance would make me like her so much more. I don’t know how she does it, but she has the adorably-dorky-yet-princess-pretty thing down pat. Also, girl can rhyme, yo.


Granted, I still don’t like that new Catwoman costume. But I have no doubt that Anne will do her best.

p.s. A fuller version of Anne’s Conan appearance can be seen here. And, yes, it makes her even that much more likeable.

10 comments:

Norma Desmond said...

I can't help it; I can't stand her. No matter how adorkable others might find her, I don't see the appeal.

Kristan said...

I'm with you, Dorothy. I find her adorable and earnest, if not always successful in her endeavors.

That rap, however, can go in the Win column. :)

Kathryn said...

Ah, that was amazing.

Kristan said...

Oh lord. Earlier I refrained from discussing James Franco, because at one point I did think he was appealing. (I.e., he was the only good thing about the first Spiderman movie. I couldn't even watch the rest. Anyway.)

Then I saw this, and I thought I should share it with you: http://www.businessinsider.com/james-franco-freida-pinto-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-2011-8

Seriously?

Amber said...

Thank you times infinity for sharing that! Anne is an adorable and lovely woman. What's not to love about someone who starts a song with "it's in the style of Lil Wayne"?

Carmen SanDiego said...

love me some Hathaway

Michelle said...

"Anne hath a way of giving me a bone." --Garth

(from Dana Carvey's most recent SNL hosting stint). :)

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, the comments on that Jezebel article are harsh.

TrotterVanTrotterton said...

Anne got her job on the Princess Diaries because she ACTUALLY legitimately fell out of a chair during the casting session. I think we can safely say the dorkiness is legit. From one dork who walks into walls on a daily basis, I can say we can smell our own. And that IS the appeal.

www.toledo-3d.com said...

It won't really have effect, I consider like this.