All this gay dating show talk has me reminiscing about one of my favorite sapphic couples. Oh Alice and Dana. You were taken from us far, far too soon. Heck, so soon that we – the long-suffering “The L Word” fandom – didn’t even have a chance to give them a proper mortmanteau. We’d only gotten around to naming TiBette! And after that we had to deal with the abomination that was Shenny. Should we give them a posthumous portmanteau? This year marks the 20th anniversary of Dana’s death, after all. Piebanks? FairPie? OK, maybe not. But, whatever you call them, I miss them. Happy weekend, all.
In their heyday, I recall their ship being called Danish (Dana + Ali”sh”). That fandom had the best gifs and manips.
ReplyDeleteTo this day, I cannot hear “you are my sunshine” and not think about Dana‘s death. Ilene Chaiken traumatized me for life.
ReplyDeleteGlorious couple.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, offing Dana was THE worst moment in TLW history.
I still have unresolved anger about Dana and Tara. 🤷♀️
ReplyDeleteMy wife still randomly recalls Dana dying and reminds me how sad it was, and how sad it made her.
ReplyDeleteDanish! Still my sunshine…
ReplyDelete(Why does it look like those aren’t Leisha’s legs? Weird perspective that photo)