Tuesday, July 25, 2017

No Wavering on Waverly

Things I didn’t know about Dominique Provost-Chalkley (a.k.a. the ever-adorable and thankfully no longer black-eyed, demon-possessed Waverly Earp).

1. She can dance. Like really, really dance.

2. She is British. Like really, really British.

I don’t know how it took me this long to realize either one. I blame not knowing about her British accent because I am one of those people who prefers reading interviews to watching them (sorry all media companies and your insane video pushes) and therefore just had never heard her speak out loud outside of her character. I also credit her incredible acting because I did not hear even a hint of that British-person-doing-an-American-accent thing you often hear when a British person does an American accent. But now that I know what her true voice sounds like, HELLO.



As for the dancing thing, well, I should have guessed after that “everyone’s thing”-cheerleading routine. And her well-toned midriff is continually on display on the show. Is that like written into her contract or what. But check it, homegirl can move.



Right, as if there weren’t enough reasons to love Dominique and WayHaught already. But, just to be safe, better watch that cheerleading scene one more time.

p.s. I could not be more thrilled by the news from over the weekend that “Wynonna Earp” has been picked up for a third season. (Way)Haught damn, that is well deserved.

4 comments:

bitsnbobs said...

FYI she can sing too. Definitely multi-talented.

Carmen SanDiego said...

So a triple threat

Anonymous said...

I was never specifically into the whole cheerleader thing, but when I saw that episode I was like *mouth agape* uuuuuuuuuuuuuh uuuuuuuh, and then proceeded to watch it SEVERAL more times lol. I really like her character besides the obvious being completely hot thing.

Vera said...

I´ll tell you something about her most people don´t know...

I met her when she started her carreer in a West End Musical (where I work) Viva Forever (The Spice Girls Musical) as Holly (which would be the equivalent of Emma)