Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Dystopian Days

Remember when we used to watch dystopian fiction for fun and relaxation instead of as instruction manuals for the resistance? Yeah, so do I. But here we are and here is the latest trailer for “The Handmaid’s Tale.” I will be recapping this series for Autostraddle and am both excited and anxious about the task ahead. Excited because it looks excellent and anxious because in this political climate it’s possible to be almost a little too on the nose. Like when a roomful of white men sits around discussing whether health insurance should have to cover women’s maternity care and women’s preventative care or not. Yeah. Like I was saying, a little on the nose.

1 comment:

Carmen SanDiego said...

I am really excited for the show and for your recaps. Sadly I haven't gotten around to watching the good fight yet