Tuesday, June 07, 2016

I'm With Her

I’m with her, but you knew that already. Today in my great state of California I get to cast my second primary vote for Hillary Clinton. I voted for her back in 2008, but you knew that already, too.

You, of course, are free to vote for whomever you choose in this – the last gasp of the primary season. But I hope, come November 8, you’ll all be voting along with me. Because whatever your hesitation with Hillary (who, it should be noted, is nearly a carbon copy of President Obama on policy), she is infinitely more qualified and capable to be president than Donald Trump. That is a fact.

This isn’t an ordinary election where two party faithful repeat relatively conventional party policies and the electorate picks based on their pre-existing inclinations and unquantifiables like who they’d rather have a beer with. This is an election where one person has served our country dutifully as First Lady, a U.S. Senator and Secretary of State and the other is a silver spoon real estate developer proposing we “temporarily” ban all Muslims, build a wall to keep out Mexicans, punish women who have abortions and overturn federal marriage equality. Oh, and he thinks a judge of Mexican descent can’t preside over his fake university trial because he is of Mexican descent. Maybe you can live with a racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic demagogue in the White House. But just the thought of it gives me panic attacks on a fairly regular basis.

But as much as I am horrified by the thought of Donald Trump winning the presidency, I’m excited for Hillary Clinton to be president. I want her to president. It is as simple as that. Like I said, I’m with her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And for all the Bernie followers...please do not just walk away. What is more important that the selection of a presidential personality is the selection of one or more Supreme Court justices in the next term.

If Bernie supporters don't vote (or vote Trump, ewww), then they will have truly ended the status quo - by taking us back to 1950! A GOP SCOTUS will roll back protections for minorities, women, and the poor. A GOP SCOTUS will push in the direction of Citizens United and enable the rich to become richer.

Every vote counts - look under Nader/Bush in google. The ramifications of the Court appointments will last a lifetime, whereas Hillary will be a one term president most likely.

Carmen SanDiego said...

I am so excited this is happening in our lifetimes

Dinc said...

#hillyes! What a remarkable moment for our country.