Friday, August 22, 2014

My Weekend (Real Estate) Crush

If you’ve ever dreamed of owning the most perfect lesbian flower shop in the world, this is your chance. The shop formerly known as Flowered Up from “Imagine Me & You” is for sale. The London location is/was actually a shop called Fonthill Pottery, which the producers of the film rented out to use as Luce’s little corner shop. But now (thanks to a head up from reader @defygravity1974), the store is for sale.



THIS IS OUR CHANCE, LESBIANS! Kickstarter to buy Flowered Up and turn it into a real floral shop/lesbian mecca! Who is in?

Alas, even if we did buy it, I highly doubt it comes with Lena Headey’s smiling face. Sigh. But, goodness, the memories.



Happy daydreaming and weekend, all.

p.s. But really, this thing would be a total moneymaker. Turn the back room into an exclusive make-out spot. Charge extra for a bed of roses to get thorns in your bum. Think about it. This could work.


9 comments:

;) babs said...

;)))

Carmen SanDiego said...

Its bloody expensive

This property is located at 38 Chalcot Road, London NW1 8LP. Chalcot Road, NW1 has 113 houses and flats on it with a current average value of £1,490,083, compared to an average property value of £955,934 for NW1. There have been 21 property sales on Chalcot Road over the last 5 years with an average sold house price of £1,533,184. There are currently 551 properties to buy in NW1 with an average asking price of £1,860,094 and 2255 properties to rent in NW1 with an average asking rent of £728 pw.

JW said...

@carmen sandiego

i believe in the trifecta power of the internet, the kickstarter collective and the lesbian masses.

Michelle said...

My tweet inspired a weekend crush! I'm going to have a moment of silence...
...

Upon further investigation, it may just be for rent. Anyway, it's still a mecca waiting to happen. :)

Helena said...

Are you sure it is not coming with Luce? :) Just dreaming.

tlsintx said...

YEAH!

Anonymous said...

hell yeah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

10 years ago my girlfriend and myself opened a florist, just after "Imagine me and you" came out. We based so much of our look of our shop on the film...8 years later my phone rang and i took an order for Piper Perabo, she shoots her tv series in my city...so i delivered them myself to her..and no they were not lilies!! but they were Calla lilies :)

Unknown said...

I met my current wife ten years ago, we married last month. in that precious time that we were 'waiting for each other' my now wife formed a little bit of liking for Lena..we apparantly share a likeness. It therefore follows that I should step up into the role of Florist at said property.
Jo. I love you Jen