Thursday, August 07, 2014

Gender Fuck Thursday: B&W Edition

It’s hard to think of ways to improve the sublime sexiness of a woman in a nice suit. But put her in a nice suit and take a black and white picture and, well, you’ve mad a good thing even gooder. Hush now, I’m looking at black and white pictures of women in suits and ties. Ain’t nobody got time for good grammar. Fine. Better – the word is BETTER. Now, do you feel better? Oh, sorry, not about the grammar. About the black and white pictures of women in suits. Duh.

Cate Blanchett

I’m pretty damn excited to see Cate and Rooney Mara lesbian it up in “Carol," from Patricia Highsmith’s novel “The Price Of Salt” – even if the age difference eeks me out. But, then, I think it’s supposed to.

Charlotte Rampling

At 68 she was just featured in a new ad campaign for Nars lipsticks. I’ve never heard of Nars lipsticks, but I certainly like them more now.

Léa Seydoux

I could make an obligatory “Blue Is the Warmest Color” joke here. But I’ll take the high road I love this looks except for the frilly cuffs. I just want to scissor those. Oh, shit. Sorry, I tried.

Beyoncé

Life’s a lot easier if you just accept and acknowledge that Beyoncé is our new lord and savior.

Charlotte Sullivan

I feel bad that I don’t watch “Rookie Blue.” Yeah, that’s all I got.

Bette Davis

Old-School Suit Game Status: Impeccable.

p.s. Fixed it. My most humble apologies for not delivering Charlotte at first as promised. For shame.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to start a day. :) But would you mind to change the post? While having to Cate Blanchetts is always nice, would be greatly appreciated to see the Ms Rampling picture...thanks dear

Carmen SanDiego said...

Oh I have missed gender fuck thursday
Thanks DS

tlsintx said...

Oh Snarker... why do age differences eek you out? Anything can be icky, true? I don't think all older/younger connections are though...hmmm.


Anonymous said...

Since you slipped in an old school star, I thought you might appreciate this photograph of Bette Davis.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/139189444706549746/

And even if you have never heard of Miriam Hopkins, you can't deny she looks ace in a suit.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/139189444705195235/

egghead said...

Ohh, Charlotte Sullivan.

Anonymous said...

Charlotte Sullivan with short hair is even better. You have some catching up to do.