[Goes without saying, but still I have to say it: SPOILER ALERT for the “Orphan Black” finale]
So, yeah. How about them cloned apples? I did not see that coming. Like, at all. Granted, I’ve been confused for about two-thirds of this season. But still, kudos for making my head spin at the every end there, show. Boy clones? Yeah, like I was saying, I did not see that coming. I was actually miffed that we might see another “Kira’s been kidnapped” cliffhanger at the end of this season. But, boy, they went a different way.
Aside from the surprise, I feel a little torn about this news. On the one hand, how cool. More twisty turny cloney crazytimes. On the other hand, oh dear. I am already super creeped out by Ari Millen and now that’s only going to multiply. Something about his face just *shudders*.
So here are five quick thoughts on the season:
1) Michiel Huisman (Cal) is the luckiest schmo on TV right now. He gets to make-out with Tatiana Maslany and Emilia Clarke. Sheesh.
2) I can’t decide if I should be in awe or in terror of Michelle Forbes (Marian). So I’ll just be both. Bring on more Dr. Bowles.
3) I couldn’t enjoy the clone dance party the first time around because I was SO FUCKING NERVOUS that something terrible was about to happen. But now that I know no one dies horribly, it’s one of my favorite scenes of the entire series so far.
4) Can we start giving Rachel eyepatch-related nicknames now. You know that (newly) one-eyed lady ain’t dead.
5) Very, very smart not killing Cosima, show. There is no fandom angrier the dead lesbian cliché angry fandom. Wait, that’s a lie, the lesbian sleeping with a man angry fandom is the angriest fandom of them all.
So, your thoughts on the season. Just relieved Cosima made it? Scared of the boy clone? Confused in general? Right there with ya. Dance it out, clones, dance it out.
Monday, June 23, 2014