Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Time to Ralph

Remember when I said I didn’t see many movies in 2012. Well, I saw enough to know which was my favorite. It wasn’t any of the best picture nominees (because I didn’t see any of them, except for “Life of Pi” which did in no way make me believe in the existence of God), and it wasn’t “The Avengers” or “The Hunger Games” or “The Hobbit” or “Brave.” It was a little movie about a guy with really big fists and a girl with candy in her hair and how they both learned to be heroes. Yes, I know, I totally loved “Wreck-It Ralph.” Granted, I’m a sucker for animation and when you couple that with my fond thoughts of precious allowance quarters spent at the arcade during grade school, you have a movie I’d gladly watch again and again. A film as clever as it is fun, with morals baked in so carefully you’ll gladly take another slice. And, while it doesn’t have any overtly gay characters, it does have Jane Lynch. And that’s always a win for Team Rainbow in my book. The rest of the voice talent of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Alan Tudyk and Mindy Kaling ain’t so shabby either. So this week instead of finally getting around to watching “Argo” or that movie where the vampires’ heads pop off like Barbie dolls, go find yourself a copy of the movie that’s just as sweet as it looks.


p.s. Wanna waste an afternoon? You can play the games too.

6 comments:

Heather Anne Hogan said...

Wreck-It Ralph was my favorite too!

I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Kristan said...

YES! RALPH! Loved this movie so hard, and was disappointed when Brave got the Oscar instead. Brave is a good movie, don't get me wrong. But Ralph is a GREAT movie. So many layers.

Anonymous said...

It was so sweet! I wanted to freeze the screen when they were in the central station so I could look at all the different game characters and figure out what games they were from!! So much detail put into that scene and we barely saw it for a minute. Arrgh!! I will have to rent it to freeze it. I loved Vanillope or whatever her name was.

Florence said...

Right so you've just convinced me to watch WreckIt Ralph. It looks fantastic. Also Jane Lynch.

Unknown said...

I was gunna watch Argo tonight though....

LiteraryVice432 said...

After reading your recommendation I finally saw Wreck It Ralph tonight. It was wonderful and I legitimately bawled about Ralph finding a way to be proud of his reality.