Thursday, January 17, 2013

Gender Fuck Thursday

Whoa. Right. So. Where was I? Oh yeah, how about them apples? I’m not a big makeup wearer – like at all. But I do appreciate nontraditional concepts of feminine beauty used in makeup company advertising. So well done, MAC, for using female bodybuilder Jelena Abbou as the face (and biceps) of their new Strength line. I’m still not gonna buy the makeup. Or that dress, which looks a little dominatrix trash bag chic for my taste. But, damn, if I don’t covet those muscles. Happy New Year of Gender Fuck Thursdays to us all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awful

Athena said...

I wouldn't buy the make up, but I find Jelena hot! I wouldn't mind her having her way with me...in all 50 shades of MAC

Panty Buns said...

I love it! I'm not saying she's my type necessarily but appreciate her form - literal physical woman power on display with Femme makeup and a vinyl dress. While there may be fashion I'd prefer, how many of them would do justice to a physique like that? Any corsetry would be unnecessarily redundant (maybe this sentence is too). She definitely doesn't need a corset. The pose does look a bit odd in that dress, but as a man wearing panties who am I to judge. Hooray for Genderfuck Thursday! I'll bet she'd look fantastic with smokey eye makeup and without doing the fist-pose - unless of course, um, never mind. Very interesting...

Jody said...

Huh. I don't wear makeup but I'll order some if Jelena Abbou will deliver it.