Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The New Leisha

Lady, are you a sight for sore eyes. In case you blinked for one minute and 42 seconds last night, you missed the very welcome return of Leisha Hailey to television. The artist formerly known as Alice appeared as half of the “wonderful, eloquent” lesbian couple Ryan Murphy had promised us on “The New Normal.” The jury is still out on whether they are indeed truly wonderful and eloquent. But they certainly were childless and bitter about it. Also a little frowny. But, hey, Leisha looked great. Of course, it’s unfair to judge them just one very short appearance. The true proof of their wonderful and eloquentness will be on how much the couple reappears and reveals. Though I will say Leisha and Constance Zimmer managed to have more chemistry in one minute and 42 seconds than Justin Bartha and Andrew Rannells have had in their 420 minutes so far.

I know Leisha has the whole being a rock star thing going already, but I sure so miss her lovely face and impeccable comic delivery on my teevee. In fact, seeing her reminded me of how many wonderful (and eloquent) actresses I’d love to see more often in my living room. Actresses like Emma Caulfield and Rachel Shelley (both had guest Actresses like Lauren Ambrose and Shelley Conn. And so many, many more. Well, here’s hoping we’ll get a lot more than one minute and 42 seconds from Leisha in the future.

p.s. Love the hair, Leisha. Very power lesbian chic.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so rare because I love you and love your blog but I totally disagree. I think Andrew and Justin have tons of chemistry together. TNN is my new favorite show.

alex dumas said...

Am I the only Constance Zimmer fan? LOVE that woman's snark. And her looks, of course.

Carmen SanDiego said...

The New Normal is getting preachier and preachier. I want to support the show but it is dangerously close to losing its season pass on my DVR.
The worst part is that I totally agree with what they are saying but am getting sick and tired of being preached to.
And, really, not wanting to be godparents because you're not able to have kids? How bitter is that?

Kim said...

Funny you mentioned Rachel Shelley. She was just on Once Upon a Time as Rumplestiltskin's wife. Yeah, I know, WFT how did that happen? As if! Rumplestiltskin??? Please...

mckate said...

i loved emma caulfield, too, until she came out as a hard core republican. the shine came off that apple.

Anonymous said...

I hate her hair... she looks like she's running for office

geenna said...

I have not seen the episode yet but when I saw the picture my first thought was that she is playing the grandmother as a young woman. same hair and clothing...

also. I love the guys. who wasn't teary when he got down on one knee.