Friday, October 05, 2012

My Weekend Crush

Admit it, everyone has a thing for the bad girl. Good girls, they’re all nice and, um, good. But a little evil goes a long way. Also, who doesn’t look gorgeous draped in black? Lana Parrilla’s Evil Queen on “Once Upon a Time” is many things, obviously. Evil, duh. But also smart, powerful, cunning and in her own way quite tragic. Thanks to Lana, she’s not just a cartoony vision of evil, extending a blood-red apple for all of us to eat. She’s a mix of so many things. We don’t want her crushed, because heavens that would be boring. We want to peel away her layers and find out if a heart still beats underneath or if it’s just an empty black hole.

And, sure, there’s the fun little subtext between Lana and Jennifer Morrison. The Swan Queen we all hope against hope will have a storybook ending (never mind the whole she’s her step-grandmother thing – this is a fairytale, anything is possible). But in real life, Lana is a big supporter of LGBT rights as well, and just posed for her own NOH8 photo. See, not so evil after all. Happy weekend, all.

18 comments:

;) babs said...

she is the main reason I watch OUAT!

Anonymous said...

Lana is THE Woman!! not just gorgeous but also funny and smart! just love her...and Regina Mills :D

Phoenix said...

LOVE OUAT!!!!!!!! Seriously hot women, kick arse storyline. Totally wins for me & Lana in her Evil Queen costume, talk about fantasies...*sighs*

Anonymous said...

Not being grammar cop but you might want to change "peal" to "peel".

Anonymous said...

Not being grammar cop but you might want to change "peal" to "peel".

Anonymous said...

Evil Regals forever! :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

She is the only reason I watch OUAT. My attraction to her is waaaay off the charts. Such beauty and brains!

giftofamber said...

Swan Queen Nation for the win. :) I'm dying to see what her NoH8 pic looks like with her holding the apple. If only she could have convinced Jennifer Morrison to do a NoH8 pic with her. ;)

One of the best parts about OUAT is the Evil Queen cleavage (which has like 3 twitter accounts btw). The wardrobe seriously rivals Lost Girl in the Boobs O Clock department.

Thank you Dorothy for this post & I hope to see some more (like her appearance on a Tank Top Tuesday for example). :)

Anonymous said...

YES! She's my weekend crush too! (and my Monday crush, and my Tuesday crush, and my Wednesday crush...heh :D )

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely splendid. Her portrayal of the queen is deliciously evil and also a little bit heartbreaking. Not to mention the hottest of all - my straight friends have all caved and admitted that fact.

Anonymous said...

My all-week crush, the hotest of them all! *swoon*

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Like I've seen several others say above, Lana is my current all-the-time crush as well! I fell for Regina Mills, but it's been a pleasure going back through her filmography and discovering fantastic characters like Teresa Ortiz, Trina Decker, and Eva Zambrano, and Lana seems to be such a sweetheart on top of that. Can't wait for the new OUaT tomorrow! Swan Queen FTW!

John said...

OUAT is my permanent crush and best celebrity


Online GED Diploma

thepinkypromiseland said...

great blog ... i really enjoy readding it.. Kisses from Serbia

Anonymous said...

Mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! ;)

PD

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, she's great! It's rare that I enjoy an "evil" character so much, but then I guess calling her evil is so simplistic... there are so many layers to Regina and it's wonderful to see all of them so well portrayed. It's refreshing to see a character that isn't all good or all bad, but is more like a real human being, with both good and bad things. And yes, it obviously doesn't hurt that she is off-the-charts beautiful and sexy :) I have to pause the episode just to catch my breath now and then :)