Friday, June 08, 2012

My Weekend Exuberance


I love Pride Month. I love pride. Some may call it cheesy, and in my neck of the woods it can definitely be a tourist attraction, but there’s still something about such a big group of gays, all out and proud and happy. It’s fantastic. It’s so fucking fantastic. And what I think it is most, really, is exuberant. There’s an exuberance about pride. It comes from freedom and community and just joy. The joy of being oneself among hundreds or thousands or even just a handful of people also being themselves. I just love it, I really do. So today, in honor of that exuberance, here is a ridiculously exuberant take on one of the most cheesily exuberant song on the air right now. I know, we’re all a little sick of this song. Maybe a lot sick. But it’s pretty damn hard to resist when played on toy instruments with this much joy. Also, that xylophone is totally dressed up for Pride. Happy June and weekend, all.

10 comments:

Madeleine said...

Over in the UK, Pride seems to run all summer long, there was a Pride weekend last weekend, but London Pride (and this year World Pride) isn't until July. It's always a lot of fun, and the streets are packed and everyone's smiling. Except the haters, but we just feel sorry for them for being so very unhappy with their lives.
Have a great Pride. :)

Zed said...

love this Dorothy! You rock!!

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

Anonymous said...

so fun!
The rainbow xylophone makes it pride-wothy.

Anonymous said...

Glockenspiel! ... Gesundheit! :-)

hubbit said...

Happy Pride Month, Ms. Snarker!

Anonymous said...

I loved it!!!

Anonymous said...

: ) oh dear. this just made my day!

Anonymous said...

Aww, this was a lot of fun. It was heartening to see them having such a good time with it!

Katie said...

Catching up on old posts and that flag looks like all the ones I saw last weekend in San Francisco. They were everywhere. And then I wandered into the Castro area and they really were EVERYWHERE! It was cool. Oh, and thanks again for the Baker Beach suggestion, Ms. Snarker. My brother gave me his clipper card and a map and away I went. It was awesome.