Friday, October 14, 2011

My Weekend Crush

Man, I missed Paget Brewster on “Criminal Minds.” We shall speak of that long, horrible, Prentiss and JJ less season no more. But now that the band’s all back together, you can really appreciate what Paget brought to the show. She has a wonderful empathy about her. And she looks fantastic wearing a bullet-proof FBI vest. Though as much as I love her on “Criminal Minds” – and I really, really do – the show has never been able to fully showcase her fantastically silly sense of humor. Those who remember her from her “Friends” days (Kathy, the gal both Joey and Chandler dated) and her “Huff” days (as Hank Azaria’s wife, Jesus how many shows has that guy had?), know she is a skilled comedian. In fact, all you need to do is watch one of her visits to Conan to know she’s a pure delight. And you won’t find a more joyfully dorky dancer. Plus, did I ever tell you about that one time she kissed a girl? Oh, Paget. Welcome back to my TV, honey. Man, we missed you. Happy weekend, all.

13 comments:

Jules said...

Fuck I love women

no-one said...

She's also really funny on Andy Richter Controls The Universe. It's not the best show in the world, but every now and then I drag out my DVDs just to watch her.

And her commentary on her episodes of Harvey Birdman is worth a listen.
When the subject of Birdgirl being drawn sexy comes up, she's all "Do you think people masturbate to Birdgirl? Do you think they're doing it now?" And she sounds really fascinated by the idea. Hah.

Unknown said...

I know it's not the same as watching her, but she's a regular (and completely hilarious) on the Thrilling Adventure Hour. The podcast is available on iTunes, and any episodes with "Beyond Belief" in the title feature her. Listening to her dulcet tones is almost as good as watching her.

Norma Desmond said...

I really could not love her more, and that video of her dancing is still pretty much the best thing ever. Her (and JJ!) back on CM means I'm tuning in again.

Danie said...

Plus, I mean, c'mon. Scrabble, over the internets, with 'cheetobreath'. Classic. I am soo glad that AJ and Paget are back on CM. They hold that show together (Kirsten tried, but alas she was only one).

Chesmd said...

KT - thanks for the heads up. I was not aware that TAH was on itunes and free! :) awesome.

vrgriffith said...

Have caught episodes of Criminal Minds here and there. But there is some great fanfic and fanmixes for her character and jj at slayertime.net

vrgriffith said...

sorry all that's slayerstime.net

Noora said...

so.. what happened to her "gay" storyline? it was Huff? and she's married to the lead character.

Anonymous said...

I actually just saw those episodes of Friends late the other night and was wowed by her as always. I loved her on Huff & even though I only glance at the TV occasionally while someone else is watching Criminal Minds, I am often spellbound when she's on screen. :)

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking....WHY DOESNT ANYONE TALK ABOUT THAT HOT GIRL ON CRIMINAL MINDS!!!!

D.R., PhD. said...

Personally , even though you don't get to see her hotness, I love her as Birdgirl from Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. I was looking for a video of her being the car siren but this is almost as good...

http://video.adultswim.com/harvey-birdman-attorney-at-law/birdgirls-internal-monologue-timeline.html

Anonymous said...

ds, there is man hang on her back,
is he ghost? like six sense?

thanks for the movie,
I saw yesterday 'puss in boots' on youtube.

seems very cool, can't wait!
i know some cats, real cats,
so simply reminds me the cats.

lovely~~~