Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy (almost) Brittana Day

WARNING: “Glee” spoilers ahead. All those wishing to be in the blissful dark, be gone. Everyone else, grab a flashlight.

I feel like tomorrow should be a national holiday, or at least a national gay holiday. And in a way, it is. For fans of “Glee,” tomorrow is when Brittana is on. Lots of folks thought this day would never come. Heck, I wasn’t even so sure. But I always hoped. And hoping out lout, really, that’s what made it happen. OK, hope is perhaps a nice way to put it – demanding is probably more accurate. Fans made this happen; I’ve said it once and I’ll never stop saying it. If it wasn’t for Brittana fans urging, pushing, threatening violence, Brittany and Santana’s relationship would have happily stayed a running joke on “Glee” without any real consequences. Instead here we are, nearly two years after we first learned that “sex is not dating,” and Brittany and Santana will officially be dating by the end of tomorrow night. Group hug, fandom, group fucking hug.

So now, once more before it is officially on, a look back in wonder.

I can’t think of a better birthday present tomorrow than Brittana being on, I really can’t.*

p.s. Though, as far as pre-birthday presents go, Doccubus being on last night was pretty fucking awesome as well. Be sure to read my SnapCap over at AfterEllen tomorrow.


*Vimeo took down my shorter Brittana moments video, so please enjoy this very comprehensive video instead.

16 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful Brittana video. I loved it.

Shade said...

Doccubus a go go! ok i realise this is a glee post so ill be quiet now..... :)

J9 said...

Sooooooo looking forward to this! Oh, and I'd prefer the Jill Sobule version too. AND I am aching for the return of R&I.

JW said...

Man, Lost Girl really know how to make amends for making us wait 3 effing weeks. But what glorious amends they were! Also, "slutonic" is forever in my vocabulary now.

Anonymous said...

Happy early Birthday Dorothy ... enjoy all the gayness! :P Yum. We got Doccubus last night, Brittana tomorrow night ... which other fandoms are getting it on this week?! Haha. Thanks for all your posts, as always!

Anonymous said...

thanks for today's posting.
have a great weekend, DS!
( essential sentences after revising several times.)

Shannon said...

Pretty sure your title is a spoiler on its own, but thanks a lot for that.

vrgriffith said...

Lost Girl seems to be finding itself. Not only did we see Doccubus action, we also got the original Bo back.

To Glee/Brittana fans--YEAH!!!!

To DS and the rest of Scorpio Nation
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isabella said...

Just started reading your blog. It's awesome! I love it! Will definitely continue to read.

Isabella said...

Just started to read your blog. It's fantastic! You are great. Will definitely continue to tune in.

Anonymous said...

Wotcher Ms. Snarker, happy 30th birthday (well why not?) from across the pond. I made Doccubus happen with the power of my mind, in part as a gift for you. (In part as a gift for myself- I didn't get anything for my birthday this year.)

I haven't bothered with Glee since 'Funeral' I think, but maybe I'll give this ep a squizz ;)

You may be interested to know it is also British Sausage Week.

Solo x

Norma Desmond said...

Wha??! Well, happy birthday to you indeed, Ms. Snarker!!! And many happy returns of the day! :)

And hurray for Brittana, obviously.

Anonymous said...

First, happy birthday and love the blog!

Lost Girl........anyone else feel Doccubus has the same kind of chemistry as Tibette.....where it feels as if they really could be partners? It says so much about the talent of Anna/Zoie. JW is correct..."glorious amends". Seeing that incredible need...desire.....wow.....when Bo pushed Lauren onto the bed and grabbed her hips to pull her close because she HAD to get those jeans off...so fucking hot.

Jessica said...

Oh man...I'm coming home early from work tomorrow JUST to watch it. EXCITEMENT PLUS.

frannie said...

I am sooo group hugging you right now!

Anonymous said...

SOO excited for Brittana tonight!